*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

stalling mk6 swb

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

stalling mk6 swb

Postby beachbum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi. Driving my van today and it stalled on me glow heat light came on and it juddered and stalled started up OK again and drove fine which was a blessing because I managed to get home but done it again when driven around the block to see if it was a one off. It wasn't anybody have a few ideas ????? That may help me out did think it could be battery ? Typical that I needed the van Sunday to pick a load of gear up in Essex so that all cancelled now can't risk it on. M25 cheers for looking
beachbum
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: stalling mk6 swb

Postby beachbum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Right I have driven van again and seems to be driving OK at mo spoke to a mate and he said could be the fuel pump playing up would the pump give the van a reason to stall and show up the glow light on dash and then still drive OK after restart it did give a few Judders before it stalled the first time would it be an idea to get it on a diagnostic test and see what it comes back with ??????
beachbum
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 pm

beachbum wrote:Right I have driven van again and seems to be driving OK at mo spoke to a mate and he said could be the fuel pump playing up would the pump give the van a reason to stall and show up the glow light on dash and then still drive OK after restart it did give a few Judders before it stalled the first time would it be an idea to get it on a diagnostic test and see what it comes back with ??????

best to get the codes read,but mine did that for a few weeks before the pump failed altogether
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby beachbum » Sun May 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi. Well the code came up as p1631 pcm relay so lots of faults come up with that code had someone look at today and he done a few checks he is saying it could be a earth fault I also have a alternator battery light come on after the revs go above 1000 which he says could be related to the problem so people do you have any ideas or similar problems in your memory that could help me out and any clues as to where to look for dodgy earths he done the obvious ones many the
beachbum
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby beachbum » Sun May 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Does anybody know if there is a earth for the alternator on a mk6 transit that I maybe missed when I took old alternator off and put new one or could anyone point me to where there could be common earthing problem on mk6 transit ???????
beachbum
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits