*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

door locks all messed up, help needed.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

door locks all messed up, help needed.

Postby flatyre » Wed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

hey folks, I need some advice regarding the locks on my mk6. I can lock/unlock the rear doors using the fob, but not the side door? neither front doors lock/unlock on the fob, the passenger door won't lock/unlock with the key either, the drivers door unlocks with the key but I was able to lock it from the inside before closing the door. However now it won't lock from inside. There is a clicking noise from the passenger side of the cab when I try to lock/unlock the front doors, Any ideas what this is? also where the inside door levers pull on a wire cable to open the doors, the locking button pushes the same cable to lock the doors, unfortunately on my van these cables flex and bend rather than push the locking mechanism. do these cables need replaced? sorry for all the questions but the van is sitting on the drive at night with the front doors unlocked so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
flatyre
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: door locks all messed up, help needed.

Postby loot » Wed May 27, 2015 5:58 pm

There's 2 15amp fuses taped to the steering column, may aswell check them.
It is possible that the actuators are damaged in the front doors stopping them working.
I suspect the clicking its the relay actuating which suggests that the fuse is OK but I'd still check.
Side door misalignment usually stops it working, check out the middle roller and the 3 pad contact plate.
Does the side door motor make a noise when you activate it?
The cables should be like brake cables so the outer sheath is clamped and the inner wire moves back and forth to work the locks, if it is bending then i think the mechanism is jammed or broken, will require inspection :-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: door locks all messed up, help needed.

Postby flatyre » Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

thanks loot, I have the mechanism almost out, but can't get the lock cylinder out of the door skin. I've removed the retaining clip but something is stopping it from sliding out. I read something about turning the key in the lock a certain way to get it disengaged but it was a bit vague? thanks again.
flatyre
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits