*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ids purchase

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Ids purchase

Postby bangertrack » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm

hi all,

What do I need to buy (hardware and software) to be able to be able to interrogate the Ecu on my 12 plate fwd transit ie ids.

What is the approximate cost of the set up?

When operational, is it easy to turn off the egr, for example? Is it controlled by a single menu or do maps etc have to be modified?

Thanks
bangertrack
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Ids purchase

Postby loot » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:39 pm

100-180 is the price range.

You can't turn off the egr with it, you can clear fault codes and lots of other things. :-)
Generally think legal and you'll know what it can do.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby motorman116 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Ive had the EGR deleted from the software, Martynx (Vantuner) does it all with a remap :D
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bangertrack » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:55 pm

I have been wondering whether it would be economical to have the full ids access as plan to keep the van for years. If have it, why pay for remaps etc - I will never want more power, just egr and maybe dpf removal and then fault diagnosis.
bangertrack
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 pm

bangertrack wrote:I have been wondering whether it would be economical to have the full ids access as plan to keep the van for years. If have it, why pay for remaps etc - I will never want more power, just egr and maybe dpf removal and then fault diagnosis.

IDS has nothing to do with remaps and cannot delete the EGR or DPF. IDS can do reprogramming of modules like PCM, BCM etc, enable extra keys, pump-injector-pilot learns, update calibrations, reset counters, fault code diagnosis and clearing etc... plus lots of other stuff. If you replace a module or injector on your van it will probably need an IDS to get it sorted. You can even help out others who may be stuck.

I bought one as I plan on keeping my van for a while and being an engineer find it very difficult to take my van to a dealer who will pull your pants down, bend you over & charge a fortune to do something I can now do myself in the comfort of my own home, if that's what you're after...I say go for it. I did a fair bit of research before buying mine and when i did get it Loot was a great help whilst I fumbled my way through getting it set up and running properly. Buy yourself a cheap second-hand laptop loaded with XP or Win7 and just use it for the IDS.

Mine has paid for itself many times...if/when a light pops up on the dashboard, I can find out what it is pretty much straight way and get it sorted without the need to get to my local dealer....most of the time is something silly/simple and can be erased/deleted without further problem.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:11 pm

bangertrack wrote:I have been wondering whether it would be economical to have the full ids access as plan to keep the van for years. If have it, why pay for remaps etc - I will never want more power, just egr and maybe dpf removal and then fault diagnosis.

DPF removal is illegal now :!:

As from 2017 EGR valve will be checked for tampering & operation on Euro 5 & Euro 6 engines from 2017 (one of many new MOT rules) :(
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bangertrack » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks for the information gents. Where is the best place to source the Vcm? And do you have to renew license on the software at what cost?
bangertrack
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits