*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

clutch/gearbox probs

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

clutch/gearbox probs

Postby woodrich » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:36 am

hi wonder if anyone has had this prob,had a bad noise coming from my clutch.so had it changed it was a duel mass.the old clutch was damaged the pins holding it together had failed ,anyway put a kit in it,,now its making a rattling noise when i have it out of gear,quiet as a mouse when i put my foot down on the clutch.the old clutch looked like it had been rattled apart,,could it be the bearings in the gearbox failed?and the shaft loose that goes into the clutch?apart from the noise the gears work fine.went on a 300 mile run and the rattle/chattering was a lot worse,when the old tranny cooled down it wasnt as noisey..was thinking of putting thicker gear oil in/to start.and as a last resort changing the gear box..anyone help.?thanks oh its a 90/350t.2002.rwd
woodrich
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: clutch/gearbox probs

Postby woodrich » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm

stumped?
woodrich
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: clutch/gearbox probs

Postby flyingclutchman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am

When you say you put a kit in, do you mean a solid flywheel kit? If so you've just discovered why Fords fit a DMF! Valeo claim their SMF kits replicate the damping effect of the DMF with an extra springy centre plate but I don't know about some of the cheaper brands. Thicker oil might work, If you think the box might be knackered it's not going to do any more harm. On the other hand the wrong oil could wreck it. Personally I doubt it but don't quote me!
flyingclutchman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits