*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Keys inside car, opening doors issue please help quickly

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Keys inside car, opening doors issue please help quickly

Postby pp5858 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi,

I have two keys one that is worn out that only remote has worked, not the mechanics other than ignition. Now the remote stopped working and my other fully working keys were left inside the back of the transit.

We tried to break in to front of the car by pushing the lock knob but not luck yet. Is there way to forsibly open back doors or something. Or removing some window without breaking it.

edit: Car is mine Ford Transit MK7 2007 2.2 fwd (also private messages for help is ok if this is not open topic to discuss) Car is in Finland and already asked Police (they don't help anymore in Finland) also asked nearest locksmith 50km away, they are in summer holiday and don't have enough resources to help.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Keys inside car, opening doors issue please help quickly

Postby t2myd » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 pm

On some 07 plate vans you can pull front window out ,I've a tibbie pick but your Probaly miles away from burnley
Transit vantastic !!!!!!
t2myd
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Good luck dude when I locked my keys in the back I had to cut a hole in the roof to get in :)
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby pp5858 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Actually just realized that doors are double locked. So probably trying to break in to front was waste of time bc. of that.

Pulling the window out sounds something to look that could be helpful. Also considered breaking some window but they all seem to be expensive and I don't know will mk6 windows fit.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Punto443 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:00 pm

t2myd wrote:On some 07 plate vans you can pull front window out ,I've a tibbie pick but your Probaly miles away from burnley

Finland's just up the road tommy :lol:
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby ake » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:05 pm

pp5858 wrote:Actually just realized that doors are double locked. So probably trying to break in to front was waste of time bc. of that.

Pulling the window out sounds something to look that could be helpful. Also considered breaking some window but they all seem to be expensive and I don't know will mk6 windows fit.

MK 6 window will fit.
Can you get a fresh key cut?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby pp5858 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Do you mean like blank key?

I have planned to order that metallic key and then take that to some locksmith to do a copy from working key but I don't have it yet.

So I don't have that yet. Currently the plan now seems to break the drivers small window and put the key in that works in ignition and turn it really hoping it would made possible to unlock the double locked doors.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby t2myd » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Punto443 wrote:
t2myd wrote:On some 07 plate vans you can pull front window out ,I've a tibbie pick but your Probaly miles away from burnley

Finland's just up the road tommy :lol:

It is Morgan , Is that a right at Aberdeen lol
Transit vantastic !!!!!!
t2myd
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Cal1990 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:27 pm

String small window out mate it's easy I done it before when remote never worked
mk7 Transit swb low roof in beautiful black :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby t2myd » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Cal1990 wrote:String small window out mate it's easy I done it before when remote never worked

On a mk6 or early mk7 it will come out after 2007 they modded the rubber seal so it doesn't pull out
Transit vantastic !!!!!!
t2myd
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby nmac » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 pm

get a new key cut from your worn one that will open the van
nmac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby pp5858 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Tnx a lot for really good help. I will also look option to cut new key from the worn out that has been on my list but now in distress it in first sight seem'd hard.

Pulling out that small windown without breaking sounds good. I tried to look how that is done but didn't understand the process yet. Having some pointers for that or bit more detailed explanation how to try it could be helpful.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cal1990 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 pm

pp5858 wrote:Tnx a lot for really good help. I will also look option to cut new key from the worn out that has been on my list but now in distress it in first sight seem'd hard.

Pulling out that small windown without breaking sounds good. I tried to look how that is done but didn't understand the process yet. Having some pointers for that or bit more detailed explanation how to try it could be helpful.

Plenty lubricant and a tough bit string/ rope worked for me mate start at point in top corner work down each side
mk7 Transit swb low roof in beautiful black :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby pp5858 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 am

I broke the small window on drivers side in front and put they keys in and doors opened and problem solved.

Now will have to find new window, tnx for everyone on helping this.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby pp5858 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 am

Tnx Cal1990, the installation process went smoothly. Sadly had to do it couple of times. :)

First the replace part had that one plastic part wrongly when I got it and I installed it wrongly as I had to break the original and could not verify from there. Then also noticed that passenger side window was noicy (loose seals) and took out, tried to glue, installed but it did not work.

So I ordered spare for that also, so I have now installed them some like almost 5 times or so. It is still bit hard for the hands, maybe too few drops of lubricant.

Also broke down some of the plastic "screws" on lower side of the window so I will have to find out where to buy those to fix also that.
pp5858
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits