*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Towing: GVW GTW RWD FWD Clarity

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Towing: GVW GTW RWD FWD Clarity

Postby (ROG) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:34 pm

TIMO wrote:it says on all my logbooks what the permissable towing weight is mate ,, in section 4,, the blue bit with vehicle details,,, my 350 90 rwd is allowed to pull 2800kg braked ,, ( i thought it was 2250 ) and 750 unbraked.

It can be that the GVW = 3500 with GTW = 5750 but with a max tow of 2800
EX IAM car and commercial observer
(ROG)
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby cormie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 pm

TIMO wrote:it says on all my logbooks what the permissable towing weight is mate ,, in section 4,, the blue bit with vehicle details,,, my 350 90 rwd is allowed to pull 2800kg braked ,, ( i thought it was 2250 ) and 750 unbraked.

Doesn't say it on any of my Irish logbooks I'm afraid, checked them all, I've attached a photo of the only page on an Irish logbook with vehicle details.

I've also attached photos of the tow on the Luton and the bumper I have on the jumbo. Fitting the luton tow on the jumbo is probably out of the question, but I'm not sure if any tow would suit the jumbo with that bumper??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby shaun23 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:36 pm

They make a towbar for transits with the bumper step. I have one on mine. Witter do one, Witter F78 comes to mind but someone will clarify I'm sure.

2012 Ford Transit SWB 260 Trend 160ps
shaun23
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cormie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 am

Thanks a lot for the reply, I assume it doesn't matter whether it's a Jumbo, LWB, SWB etc, just as long as it's ok for the bumper?

I think this might be the one here: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/transit-van-st ... w-bar.html

Would that be the right one?
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby shaun23 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:27 am

Correct, swb/mwb etc all fit as long as it's not from a chassis cab, like you've already discovered. I managed to get mine off ebay a while ago, they're not over common though.
At least you have the correct bumper for the bumper step, I used the original bumper and fabricated a step from there 8)
2012 Ford Transit SWB 260 Trend 160ps
shaun23
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cormie » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Just to update anyone else who may be looking for one in Ireland, I got Malcolm's in Dublin 6 to do mine, it cost only a little more than the UK suppliers but a lot less pressure to get it fit rather than trying to squeeze it into a schedule on a UK job :)
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S26coolin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:29 pm

If your struggling to find 1 you could always just put a normal bumper on van unless u really need that 1. I swapped mine
S26coolin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cormie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 pm

cormie wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply, I assume it doesn't matter whether it's a Jumbo, LWB, SWB etc, just as long as it's ok for the bumper?

I think this might be the one here: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/transit-van-st ... w-bar.html

Hey folks, would anyone know if this would fit a 2016 Transit Custom? I have mine up for sale as I'm selling the van and seeing if I can sell the tow bar separate too and had a caller with a 2016 Customer ask if it would fit?
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:54 am

cormie wrote:
cormie wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply, I assume it doesn't matter whether it's a Jumbo, LWB, SWB etc, just as long as it's ok for the bumper?

Hey folks, would anyone know if this would fit a 2016 Transit Custom? I have mine up for sale as I'm selling the van and seeing if I can sell the tow bar separate too and had a caller with a 2016 Customer ask if it would fit?

Transit mK7 towbar will NOT fit a Transit Custom :!:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cormie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 am

paul2012 wrote:
cormie wrote:

Transit mK7 towbar will NOT fit a Transit Custom :!:

Thanks a lot for that! There's no converter attachments etc you can get to allow them to fit I wonder?
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:19 am

cormie wrote:

Transit mK7 towbar will NOT fit a Transit Custom :!:[/quote]

Thanks a lot for that! There's no converter attachments etc you can get to allow them to fit I wonder?[/quote]
There is ,its called a new Custom towbar :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits