*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

egr blank

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

egr blank

Postby slugger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:15 pm

so last year i bought an egr blanking plate for my mk7 2.4 rwd 115ps [2010] ...... and i think you guys said i needed to get the ecu re-written to turn off the egr or a sensor or something ?
anyways, long story short i had planned to get a remap [with the egr blank done at the same time] however as theres nobody local for remapping it never got done........ so, as the van is going into the garage tomorrow i was wondering about getting the blanking plate fitted ....... and if its worth drilling a hole in the middle of the plate [seen some like this on ebay] presumably to let some smog through [enough to prevent an angine management light] ?
i figure restricting the crap being recirculated into my engine would be better than letting it carry on as is [standard with lots of sh*t being recirc'd]
oppinions guys please ?
thanks, seb :)
slugger
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: egr blank

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Yes a hole needs drilled or you get the light and vantuner does a postal service. I wouldn't trust any other tuner to touch my van ecu apart from vantuner as he is well experienced with vans
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby slugger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm

any idea of hole size ? 5mm / 10 mm / bigger ?
slugger
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm not sure personally i like the egr delete option so it can't do anything. I blanked my mk6 and 4 years later removed the bend that was gunked up to find a light coat of oil only.
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MK7 user » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:40 pm

I think you are wasting your time. :shock:

The sensor in the inlet manifold is measuring the amount of exhaust gas recirculated into the inlet manifold - On a Mk7 it should fall within pre-determined parameters or you'll get the light. :x
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 pm

I've had a blanking plate on mine for ~7-8months now, has 8mm hole. I get the occasional Map sensor fault code with eml light but it's rare. I just clear the code and it's all good. I've not had the EML come on since my Bluefin remap 6 weeks ago...might just be a coincidence though.

Martyn, (Vantuner) is your friend.

Lord Knobrot.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits