*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Air Con Retro Fit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Air Con Retro Fit

Postby soprano1982 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:36 pm

rogerw wrote:
soprano1982 wrote:Air con is the one thing that I miss in my van - I'd love to retro fit in to the mk7

Aircon is essential :mrgreen:

Haha I know it is , I'm hoping Paul's gonna tell me it's easy haha and offer up his services :lol:
soprano1982
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby bikenut » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks for the replies lads.
Guy if you look at the pics Paul kindly posted is the layout of the pipes etc the same on a RWD and is the plug from main harness alongside the o/s headlight as the pump will be mounted on other side of the engine. Thanks
bikenut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Guy88 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:49 pm

bikenut wrote:Thanks for the replies lads.
Guy if you look at the pics Paul kindly posted is the layout of the pipes etc the same on a RWD and is the plug from main harness alongside the o/s headlight as the pump will be mounted on other side of the engine. Thanks

No, on the RWD there is a plug under the fuse box for the Air con jumper to plug into,

The pipes run along the bottom of the engine and to the compressor, other plugs are the same
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby Guy88 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 pm

If you have ABS you should have the loom for air con under the bonnet, you may however not have a high spec dash loom
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby paul2012 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Guy88 wrote:
bikenut wrote:Thanks for the replies lads.

No, on the RWD there is a plug under the fuse box for the Air con jumper to plug into,

The pipes run along the bottom of the engine and to the compressor, other plugs are the same

As for A/C Pipework on a Mk6.

Apart from section from A/C pump to condenser & accumulator. Rest is the same on FWD & RWD including condenser & Coolant radiator (Longer one). 8)
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bikenut » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 am

My van does indeed have ABS and traction, Also when I fitted mk7 doors the electric window wiring was all present. Do you think this indicates high spec dash wiring. One confusing thing the guy I bought parts from said the van had no electric fans fitted.
bikenut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:28 am

bikenut wrote:My van does indeed have ABS and traction, Also when I fitted mk7 doors the electric window wiring was all present. Do you think this indicates high spec dash wiring. One confusing thing the guy I bought parts from said the van had no electric fans fitted.

You may be lucky & wiring is already there. :D

Some 2.4 done have elec fans, Few have Vis fan with smaller elec fan for A/C. I've only seen 1 mk6 2.4 that had no vis fan but 2 elec fans instead :?

I think I still have a mk6 coolant radiator with twin elec fans laying around spare.
It's the longer one for A/C. I will check tomorrow. :wink:
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:29 am

soprano1982 wrote:
rogerw wrote:
soprano1982 wrote:Air con is the one thing that I miss in my van - I'd love to retro fit in to the mk7

Aircon is essential :mrgreen:

Haha I know it is , I'm hoping Paul's gonna tell me it's easy haha and offer up his services :lol:

Yes it's easy. :wink:

Providing you have all the parts. I can fit it for you 8)
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rogerw » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:28 am

Guy88 wrote:
theres loads of room, fan fits on rear of coolant radiator :wink:

Also as yours is RWD you will also have to fit the correct coolant radiator (wider on RWD with AC)

There is loads of room, now i have measured, strange. :roll: Is the radiator larger to compensate for heat from condensor, where can i find a wider radiator?
2003, petrol
rogerw
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby soprano1982 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:19 am

by any chance do you have a parts list Paul :D I'll get hunting

I know next to nowt about ac - so assuming the parts I need would be -compressor ,various pipes, receiver dryer , rad pack , cab rad/matrix , control panel switch , pressure switch , looms ? My van was a lx from the factory so not sure if it would have a loom - although it had the right spec bcm for adding cruise
soprano1982
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby bikenut » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:22 am

Hi All, Well my parcel arrived today some good news some bad.
Both sub wiring harness are there so I just need to hope my van has the correct wiring. Bad news is the pipes on the evaporator have been cut to get the heater box through the bulkhead.
I have spoken to a local radiator repair company who say they can repair these. Does anyone know if my heater duct pipes will fit the Air Con heater box I have a feeling I read a thread saying they don't, has anyone any idea how many there are he has sent the centre one but none of the single ones.
The guy should still have them so if anyone has a picture of them to show him what I need it would be much appreciated. Thanks Mick.
bikenut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Guy88 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 pm

ducting is all different
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby paul2012 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:09 am

soprano1982 wrote:by any chance do you have a parts list Paul :D I'll get hunting

I know next to nowt about ac - so assuming the parts I need would be -compressor ,various pipes, receiver dryer , rad pack , cab rad/matrix , control panel switch , pressure switch , looms ? My van was a lx from the factory so not sure if it would have a loom - although it had the right spec bcm for adding cruise

Parts list.

A/C Condensor with coolant radiator 7 fan pack.
All A/C pipework - from interior heater assembly, Acumulator, Pump, & condenser.
Aculmulater, Pump with sub loom - Pressure sensors may already be in situe if using used parts.
Coolant shut off valve with VAC solenoid & associated VAC pipes. (depends on year)
Interior heater assembly complete with subloom, heater controls & all air ducting.
Aux drive belt for A/C including associated tensioner/idler pulleys.
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bikenut » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:08 am

DO either of you know how many pieces there are to the ducts. I have one piece that's sort of a splitter from two into one, I presume this is the centre piece. are the sides in one piece each so I am looking for four long ducts or are some of these in pieces ? I am dreading if I have to go to my local dealers because without a reg number they don't want to know as it may involve work. Is there anywhere online to obtain part numbers ? Thanks Mick.
bikenut
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 pm

bikenut wrote:DO either of you know how many pieces there are to the ducts. I have one piece that's sort of a splitter from two into one, I presume this is the centre piece. are the sides in one piece each so I am looking for four long ducts or are some of these in pieces ? I am dreading if I have to go to my local dealers because without a reg number they don't want to know as it may involve work. Is there anywhere online to obtain part numbers ? Thanks Mick.

There's 5 sections in total. I have all the Ford parts no's for Mk7 ducting & was fairly cheap from Ford (Bought them for my van, As couldn't get them any where second hand)
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits