*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Doors Broken (MK6 03)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Doors Broken (MK6 03)

Postby Ian Armer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:10 pm

the side loader door now wont open from outside or inside
Ian Armer

Re: Doors Broken (MK6 03)

Postby Ian Armer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:21 am

what crap!!!
Ian Armer

Postby Brains_transit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:24 am

Try lifting it as you lock unlock or try pushing the right side near the side runner again trying to lock unlock
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rogerw » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:49 am

I noticed there is a locking knob at rear of sliding door, try that.
2003, petrol
rogerw
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby pcfella » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Can you hear the central locking clunk in the door when you use the fob, if not you probably have bad contacts.

If the door striker is set too far in then when the door latches closed it is under pressure and doesn't release, like said previously, lean in on the back of the door just under the runner while you hit the central locking unlock button, then keep leaning while someone else pulls the door handle from outside.

May not be of any use but just done same thing myself on 2003 lwb
pcfella
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby pcfella » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Brains_transit wrote:Try lifting it as you lock unlock or try pushing the right side near the side runner again trying to lock unlock

Why does that work? Is it making a contact on the electrics or is it taking pressure off the door catch?
pcfella
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:18 am

pcfella wrote:
Brains_transit wrote:Try lifting it as you lock unlock or try pushing the right side near the side runner again trying to lock unlock

Why does that work? Is it making a contact on the electrics or is it taking pressure off the door catch?

Sometimes a bit of both, unloading the lock is helpful, and if the contacts are a bit iffy, it may help them a bit too. I think as the door runners/bearings wear a bit or they get a bit bent from things banging into them etc, the door moves from it's original position, the contacts may not be in perfect alignment and can also put more load on the latch.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby pcfella » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:30 pm

I still have to push mine at the back under the centre roller, I changed the top roller because that was ropey, middle one next I reckon, hoping that helps. Dealer prices were huge for the rollers, about £145+vat so hoping the eBay lookalikeys are up to the job.
pcfella
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:32 pm

pcfella wrote:I still have to push mine at the back under the centre roller, I changed the top roller because that was ropey, middle one next I reckon, hoping that helps. Dealer prices were huge for the rollers, about £145+vat so hoping the eBay lookalikeys are up to the job.

I have a full set of fleabay rollers on mine...they work fine thus far....have been on for ~6 months.

Lor Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby pcfella » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Help

MK6 Side Loading Door is still giving me jip, I still have to push it in while hitting the central locking to get it to open. I'm going to convert it to a camper van so it has to be able to open from inside, I don't want to get stuck inside.

If I don't push it in I DO hear the central locking kerchunk but it just doesn't unlock it.

I've replaced all 3 rollers.

I've tried moving the striker back, forward, up, down, still no luck, is there a correct position to line it up to ? I presume central to the door catch!

I reckon the lock itself is jiggered and was going to buy one from eBay.

Can anyone tell me if this is unlikely? And how easy is it to change the whole lock? And as long as the lock is for the Mk6 will it go one for one or did they make more than one model of lock?

Another approach I like is to take the central locking out of the side loading door and have it on a key from the outside and a regular knob on the inside, can anyone recommend a plan for that?

In desperate need to get started converting this thing before it seizes up on me.
pcfella
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Brains_transit » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:10 pm

When I was faced with a side door that hadn't opened in a year or more I ended up finding inside the lock there's a plastic tab where the CL motor hooks on. If the tab isn't all the way over the door won't unlock. Removing the motor from the lock should give access to see it but I wrecked my way in as the van was a bucket ( not my van )
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits