*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit nightmare 2.2 tdci 56 plate strikes again!!!!!!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Transit nightmare 2.2 tdci 56 plate strikes again!!!!!!

Postby lukelufc21 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:43 pm

hi, i have had issues with my ford transit 2.2 tdci 56 plate swb van and decided to take the vehicle into stoneacre garage. Van had new gearbox mounting and studs fitted, 4 injectors failed leak off test so all 4 was replaced. new intercooler was fitted, also issues with fuel leaks found in cyclinder this was corrected. all in all this was a £2110 bill, i had the van back 2 days and now when i accelerate there is a tapping/knocking sound. when i push my foot harder on pedal the noise and rate of the tapping increases. i took the van back to stoneacre yesterday and they have advised me that there is knocking on the top and bottom of the engine and the timing is out and this could lead to a new engine which would lead to a further 2-5 grand extra WORK to rectify. surely they should of been aware of the issues with the engine before they carried out all the previous work on the injectors etc and fitting new parts. the van didnt have this issue before so how has it only just risen when ford have carried out there work. it feels like i have been robbed of my money and still no further with the actual issue. please advise guys ????
lukelufc21

Re: Transit nightmare 2.2 tdci 56 plate strikes again!!!!!!

Postby motorman116 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:19 am

Has it had all the software updated when they replaced the injectors :?:
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits