*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 2.4 TDDI Urgent repair needed. All help appreciated..

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: MK6 2.4 TDDI Urgent repair needed. All help appreciated.

Postby Jason_app » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Why baggy clearances and where.
No after run noises.

If you hold revs up over 2k smoothly with clutch in its silent.

If you let off throttle and let it cruise in gear it's silent.

Rattly/knocky when revving quick, accelerating and holding speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason_app
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jim Archer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 pm

So what you are saying is it's mechanically noisy under load but not when running lightly loaded - does point to a baggy crankshaft I fear.

What did the oil pressure do when you shut the motor down, plummet to nothing instantly? Or fall over a couple of seconds?

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Jason_app » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Didnt watch gauge when it was turned off.

I was thinking its fuel or electrical.

Its now not dying when you rev it from cold. Very slightly lumpy for about 20 seconds but thats it.
Only thing thats happened since it last did the cold start issue is the oil pressure test and i replaced the 2 month old genuine throttle pedal with another genuine throttle pedal.
Something has changed things. Also no cough/slutter at 2500 rpm after accelerating hard and letting off throttle.

Bearing in mind i also had the code read on ids by ford main dealers last week that neither myself or others could see. p0252 - fuel injection pump fuel angle calculation and demand mismatch.

The hot and cold issue all point to crank sensor readings not getting through right:

to start it when cold the pump is pre set to start the vehicle then once detects rpm from crank sensor its adjusted by ecu to run at optimum settings.....but as soon as it starts and you press the throttle pedal it was dying. If you let it idle for a while first it was ok and i guess adjusted before rpm raise detected.

Hot it dies straight away almost because there are no revs detected initially, turn key a second time and it starts but revs take a second or two to detect and raise on rev counter.

Its loudest at constant speed while just pressing throttle to hold speed. or in the morninh when first started cold.

the rest of the time the noise is there but not so prominent.
Jason_app
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jason_app » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:04 am

Ok the engine builder has fitted another new oil pump to make sure oil pressure is good and checked out bottom end. I'm told all is good. So guessing I need to look at diesel noise again for the culprit.

Jason_app
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jason_app » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 am

So good oil pressure now. No cold start issue, that's all fixed. Another complete service. New rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders etc....
Seems ok. But I'm going to change to a Luton as its better suited to my work so most likely up for sale very soon if anyone wants a cheap jumbo transit with £5 spent on it. All receipts too.

Jason_app
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby amlav » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:16 am

After all this , what was the problem with it and how was it fixed ? Was it the oil pump ?
Cheers,
Andrei
amlav
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jason_app » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Yea oil pump made a difference. Plus the new ford throttle pedal was faulty so replaced for another ford one and no more starting issues.

Going to be putting up for sale now it's all sorted. Bargain for someone. Every single part in the engine bay is brand new, remanufactured or reconditioned.

Jason_app
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits