*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stalling then limp mode

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Stalling then limp mode

Postby fraudtransit » Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Just been away in the campervan (2010 115 Mk 7). On 3 occasions I stalled it (hill starts in the Lake District etc :oops:) Each time when restarting it fired OK but went into a sort of brief limp mode, wouldn't rev above about 1500rpm and then cut out. Took about 30 seconds of stalling and restarting before it cleared and then it was fine.

I'll take it to my tame local mechanic next week for a fault code check, but was wondering if anyone has any idea what might be the cause.

Thanks.
fraudtransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Stalling then limp mode

Postby pippin » Sat May 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Exactly the same has happened with our MK7 MH.

I understand that there may well be an update to sort it out.
pippin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ake » Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 am

Sounds suspiciously like it's going to need a suction valve on fuel pump, pressure relief valve on fuel rail then recalibrate using Ford ids or similar
It may not show any fault codes if it is the scv
Ask your mechanic if he is familiar with mk7 fuel system before spending lots of money while he guesses and fits parts it doesn't need. If he doesn't know Transits then I'd be sending it to your local Ford dealer.

Just as a side thought, how old is the fuel filter?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby fraudtransit » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:43 am

ake wrote:Sounds suspiciously like it's going to need a suction valve on fuel pump, pressure relief valve on fuel rail then recalibrate using Ford ids or similar
Ask your mechanic if he is familiar with mk7 fuel system before spending lots of money while he guesses and fits parts it doesn't need. If he doesn't know Transits then I'd be sending it to your local Ford dealer.

You're dead right Ake! No fault codes showed up on the reader (Snap-On) so we changed the SCV and PRV (I'd already replaced the fuel filter at the last service a few weeks ago) and recalibrated it and it's fine now. So big thanks for your help buddy.
fraudtransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:40 pm

fraudtransit wrote:
ake wrote:Sounds suspiciously like it's going to need a suction valve on fuel pump, pressure relief valve on fuel rail then recalibrate using Ford ids or similar

You're dead right Ake! No fault codes showed up on the reader (Snap-On) so we changed the SCV and PRV (I'd already replaced the fuel filter at the last service a few weeks ago) and recalibrated it and it's fine now. So big thanks for your help buddy.

Happy days :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits