*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6-7 FWD rear spring hangers

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Mk6-7 FWD rear spring hangers

Postby oOplumberOo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:Hi people, been asked to produce some other parts to supplement these, namely the rear spring shackle plates and the short box section that fits between these and the inner rear valence.
Here are some pictures;

Once again, these parts have been 'copied' from a section removed from a dismantled van, every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy.

Two sets of these are on their way to a customer who has offered to provide feedback, once any slight 'corrections' have been made following our customers 'testing' these part will become available for general sale.

What do think chaps?
TIM

impressive! whats the cost on these ones? cheers
oOplumberOo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ABA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:01 pm

just had to have mine replaced Thursday last to make the section and welded in £ 70 another 12 1/2 months on the road tried every where to get a ready made section with no luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ABA
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks again for your kind words chaps :D

Prices for these are, per side.

£45 for the three parts pre-assembled;

or £40 for the three parts in 'kit' form;

UK and international postage available.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby VanCan » Wed May 10, 2017 5:00 am

Not long got my van, will be going on a lift for the first time this morning. No doubt I will require your services
VanCan

Postby VanCan » Tue May 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Who do I have to speak to about getting a couple of these?
VanCan

Postby ned » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

VanCan wrote:Who do I have to speak to about getting a couple of these?

Your best phoning Tim on the number above, or emailing light commercial services,
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bingbongo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:42 pm

[attachment=0]
dieselhead123 wrote:
nedforceone wrote:Are you going to be doing chassis box section parts as well. N

Happy to produce other parts members are likely to need, subject to our 'equipment capabilities'.
If you post up a picture or the effected area on your van we will do our best for you.

All our parts are copied from Transits we have dismantled recently, we cut out the part we are looking to produce from a scrap van then use it to 'pattern' the replacement. Happy to supply parts at an initial discount to forum members in return for feedback.

TIM

Hi i have a mk6 swb 2.0 l semi high top transit van i took the rear passengers wheel off yesterday to do some welding that i seen a while ago but worse then i thoght the spring hanger was only just holding on one side and the cross member its attached to not good either so i have to get a whole box section spring hanger and cross member replacement made up so i can weld it up for M.O.T soon can you make that section if yes how much and how long to make it . i have put 4 pics on here hope you can see how bad they re and what i need . Have you got a contact number i can call about this please ? .
Kind Regards Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingbongo

Postby bingbongo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:17 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:Hi people, been asked to produce some other parts to supplement these, namely the rear spring shackle plates and the short box section that fits between these and the inner rear valence.
Here are some pictures;
Image[/urrl
[url=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/dieselhead123/media/Body%20panel%20sales/Mk6-7%20Body%20Panels/Mk6-7%20Universal%20Body%20Panels/Parts%20Set%202_zpsbo4nn7wb.jpg.html]Image

Once again, these parts have been 'copied' from a section removed from a dismantled van, every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy.

Two sets of these are on their way to a customer who has offered to provide feedback, once any slight 'corrections' have been made following our customers 'testing' these part will become available for general sale.

What do think chaps?
TIM

Hi i need a spring hanger complete with the cross member how much for a mk6 swb 55 plate van rear passengers side i will attach pics of mine whats left of them if you can make them as you can see not alot left of it can you help need asap if possible ? can i have your contact number please
kind regards
Alan
bingbongo

Postby dieselhead123 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Had a call from a customer yesterday asking if these parts were still available, (been a long time since the first post).

YES! They are, together with many other chassis repair sections we now manufacture.

Please contact us for further information.

LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:58 pm

We now produce parts to repair the hangers at the front of the rear springs, the parts concerned are identified in PURPLE on the underside view;

Here are some pictures of the outrigger;

Produced in 1.5mm Zintec for added corrosion resistance, just £45 each plus postage.

More parts coming soon, so if you don't see what you need then drop us a line via our website, hyperlink below, and we will do our best to help.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Now the next part.

Here is the channel section that the hanger at the front end of the rear spring sits on; identified in ORANGE in the underside view.

Here is a picture of the part;
This part is just £35 plus postage and is manufactured from 2mm Zintec.

This image shows how it sits between the two outriggers. The picture shows a section of floor cut from a scrap van, the original spring hanger mounting has been removed to show the new part in place. The picture shows the left hand side of a van fitted with a left hand side loading door. This main supporting section suits left or right sides of the van but is NOT correct for medium wheel base models.

The original spring mounting has to be reused, it can be seen fitted to the new part in this picture. Again, the section cut from the scrap van has been used to show how these are fitted.

In this picture we see the main reinforcing channel together with a pair of 'non sliding door outriggers', assembled with the spring mounting as it should look under the van.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:25 pm

As you all know, the outriggers at the front of the rear spring are different when the van is fitted with a side loading door, the part we will deal with first is identified in GREEN below;

Here are some pictures of the part, this part suits the left hand side of the van when fitted with a side loading door on that side, available from stock for just £45 plus postage, produced from 1.5mm Zintec and fitted with the two internal stiffeners. A 'mirror' image part is available for vans fitted with a side loading door on the right hand side.

Here are some picture of this part being fitted to a customer's van in our workshop;

In this picture you can see we have bent the end of the main hanger mounting down to enable this part to be fitted, no need to cut a chunk of the floor out!

Another view of the part clamped in place;

The lower 'C' post panel that fits into the end of the outrigger needed replacement, here you see the replacement part clamped in place;

This part is available for just £25 and suits the left hand side when the van is fitted with a side loading door on that side, available from stock. The 'mirror' image for vans with a side loading door on the right hand side is available to order.

Here are some more picture of the parts in place on the van;

These two pictures show the 'join' that needs to be welded after installation, this allows the outrigger to be fitted 'over' the lower 'C' post;

With a pit of protective paint the repair can be made to look 'factory'

If you are interested in these or any other parts we produce, or advice and assistance on body repairs for your vehicle then please use the hyperlink below and drop us a line.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby PistonMeetValves » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 pm

My MK6 just failed on the rear spring hangers, think its around the front of the spring. Mine is a MWB van, I take it you guys still produce those parts?

You're doing the work of God keeping all thr UK's Transits dodging the MOT man year after year!

I'm at the stage where I'm skint enough to start the 2300th repair, but broke enough not to afford another auld Ford :lol:
~ PMV

'02 MK6 T280 100 in fetching white/rust ♡

Warren: 'These brakes, they're completely inadequate'
Burt Munro: 'I'm planning on going, not stopping.'
PistonMeetValves
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 am

PistonMeetValves wrote:My MK6 just failed on the rear spring hangers, think its around the front of the spring. Mine is a MWB van, I take it you guys still produce those parts?

You're doing the work of God keeping all thr UK's Transits dodging the MOT man year after year!

I'm at the stage where I'm skint enough to start the 2300th repair, but broke enough not to afford another auld Ford :lol:

All the parts in this thread, and many others, are still available.
If you are unsure what you need then post up some pictures of the effected area and well will assist.
Alternatively, use the 'under side view' and highlight the parts you need.

A few of the parts differ on the medium wheel base models, but happy to add additional parts to our range to assist you.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 am

Another part owners often find they need to replace is the inner rear lower corner panels, the part can be seen here fitted to a customer's van, coated with a protective paint.

Here we see some pictures of the parts, produced in 1.5mm Zintec, just £25 each plus postage.

As you can see, these parts feature 'pressings' to match the Ford part, enabling the repairer to create a 'factory look'.

It must be stated that this part only suits FWD vans.

Please drop us a line using the message 'function' or the hyperlink below for any information or assistance you might need.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits