*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

OEM parking sensors retrofit mk7

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

OEM parking sensors retrofit mk7

Postby riauba » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 pm

I've searched on forum and didn't find anyone done it, just suggestions to put aftermarket ones, as oem would be very expensive and probably hard to do.
I Got 08reg and have another one 06 which I'm planning to sell and which got factory sensors. First of all I pulled out drivers side rear light on both vans and found additional harness on 06 going down for sensors, on my 08 wasn't. Then took off interior windscreen trim and just counted how many wires coming down on both vans. It was 44 on both. decided to unbolt 08reg ply lining and found hidden harness for sensors. took out cluster and found plugs for speaker and module. swapped everything, and activated with IDS, and it works!!! dindn't need any fuses or relays. Don't know if it matters but my 08 van got pretty much everything, factory heated screen, auto lights/wipers, power windows, alarm. Recently fitted cruise control and level2 cluster with trip computer and outside temp sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
riauba
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: OEM parking sensors retrofit mk7

Postby riauba » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:28 pm

riauba wrote:I've searched on forum and didn't find anyone done it, just suggestions to put aftermarket ones, as oem would be very expensive and probably hard to do.
I Got 08reg and have another one 06 which I'm planning to sell and which got factory sensors. First of all I pulled out drivers side rear light on both vans and found additional harness on 06 going down for sensors, on my 08 wasn't. Then took off interior windscreen trim and just counted how many wires coming down on both vans. It was 44 on both. decided to unbolt 08reg ply lining and found hidden harness for sensors. took out cluster and found plugs for speaker and module. swapped everything, and activated with IDS, and it works!!! dindn't need any fuses or relays. Don't know if it matters but my 08 van got pretty much everything, factory heated screen, auto lights/wipers, power windows, alarm. Recently fitted cruise control and level2 cluster with trip computer and outside temp sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
riauba
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Result :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby lonerider » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am

Good work ! :-)
Should be position od connectors same for 2009 LHD ? Can not find ones for PDC unit, but maybe found one for speaker...
lonerider

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits