*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Few dimensions needed

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Few dimensions needed

Postby adriaan90 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi everyone

I am busy modelling a Ford Transit 2.4L tdci 140PS MK7 engine for a research project at university. The first step in the simulation process is to gather all the necessary dimensions etc. that is needed for the model. I am almost done with the data gathering, but I just need a few more details. Google is reluctant to give them away, so I was wondering if you guys can help.

I need the connecting rod length, center to center as well as the diameter of the intake and exhaust valves. I would really appreciate it if someone has one of these components currently laying around to take a quick measurement with a ruler and send it my way.

Thank you! :)
adriaan90

Re: Few dimensions needed

Postby wronghole » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:39 pm

My god man ,I would love to help but my brain is just not big enough to house the information you require :lol:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Few dimensions needed

Postby adriaan90 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 am

It is just a quick measurement with a ruler :D If you have it laying around then it should be really quick! Or any suggestions where I will be able to get that info will also be much appreciated!

Thank you!
adriaan90

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits