*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Pump learning question

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Reliable prv

Postby Stream » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:35 pm

hi there,

I am looking for a new prv. I see a lot of them on the internet and even more price's in the range ~25 up to 150 pounds.

Which one is a good reliable one. Febi bilstein, meat & doria, Delphi, genuine ford?
Which one is the best option?

thanks
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Reliable prv

Postby ake » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Genuine ford from a dealers.

A £25 won't work
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Stream » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Ordered a prv & scv at pf jones. It seems they are selling some good parts over there.
Fingers crossed :)
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stream » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm

So...fitted the prv and scv I ordered from pf jones. It pass the fuel pump learn but the pilot learn failed.
Bought a genuine ford prv and try'd again. The fuel pump learn failed, code 01, rpm is out off range :?: :roll: so I tried the pilot learn and it passes the first time and I reset the learn valus from the prv.

Is it necessary to do the pump learn again or isn't necessary too do it again because it passes the first time?

And is it possible with ids to set the idle a bit higher then 800rpm?
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stream » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm

The diferences between the prv from pf jones and a genuine one from ford
The right one is a genuine one. Is a bit different at the end

IMG_8025.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby martynx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Last time i looked PF Jones were selling genuine ( but non ford boxed ) SCV's & replica PRV's, looks like it may still be the case :wink:

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Pump learning question

Postby Stream » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am

It's a cross post I don't know it's allowed here.

I fitted the prv and scv I ordered from pf jones. It pass the fuel pump learn but the pilot learn failed and the power management light went on.
Bought a genuine ford prv and try'd again. The fuel pump learn failed, code 01, rpm is out off range :?: :roll: so I tried the pilot learn and it passes the first time and the power management light went off, and I reset the learn valus from the prv.
Is it necessary to do the pump learn again because it passes the first time?

Is it also possible to set the idle higher with the ids software? The idle is now around the 800rpm, but according to the data sheets it's had to be +/-850 rpm?
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stream » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am

The scv look's a lot like a genuine Denso, except for the price. At the local ford shop they ask 175 pound for the scv. Pf jones 48 pound.
Apperently there's a lot of profit :(
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Pump learning question

Postby Altransit » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Please keep it to one thread :)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Stream wrote:Is it also possible to set the idle higher with the ids software? The idle is now around the 800rpm, but according to the data sheets it's had to be +/-850 rpm?

No, idle is not user adjustable via IDS..! It's preset in the PCM firmware. It may be adjustable via a remap but I'm not too sure about that.

Normal idle is ~800rpm +/-50rpm...and when A/C is turned on the idle should rise to ~900rpm.

The Anti-Stall function, (if enabled via PCM update), will also increase the rpm when pulling away from a stop.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Stream » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

tried again to do the pump learn this morning but it's almost complete and then it's fail again because: code 01 idle rpm is out off range.

Does someone know it's fails because off a faulty scv?
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stream » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:47 am

knobby1 wrote:
Stream wrote:Is it also possible to set the idle higher with the ids software? The idle is now around the 800rpm, but according to the data sheets it's had to be +/-850 rpm?

No, idle is not user adjustable via IDS..! It's preset in the PCM firmware. It may be adjustable via a remap but I'm not too sure about that.

Normal idle is ~800rpm +/-50rpm...and when A/C is turned on the idle should rise to ~900rpm.

The Anti-Stall function, (if enabled via PCM update), will also increase the rpm when pulling away from a stop.

Lord Knobrot

Thank you. I don't have the anti-stall function, tried to update the pcm but it can't be done because low voltage. Probably the fault of the china vcm (according to this forum) ;)
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stream » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Stream wrote:tried again to do the pump learn this morning but it's almost complete and then it's fail again because: code 01 idle rpm is out off range.

Does someone know it's fails because off a faulty scv?

Answer to myself :lol: , it's possible.

Bought a new Denso scv at the local dieselcentre and they give me also the advice to change the fuel filter. All the learns passes inmediately. So finally got it sorted.
I don't know why, but by resetting the values from the prv it said it issen't neccesary. But it runs smooth at the moment.

So it looks like to me that the scv from pf jones are also replica's, ore I get bad luck with them..
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 pm

here one i got today from pfjones

nissan lol

i have a job booked in next week for a regular customer http://www.ppoconnor.co.uk/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Stream » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:31 pm

This is how they are original packed by Denso.
Stream
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits