*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Expansion Tank Empty

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Expansion Tank Empty

Postby Joolzy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 am

Thanks that's really helpful
Joolzy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gt_addict » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:43 am

Not sure about this engine but on the connect the egr cooler used to rot inside and the coolant would go straight out the exhaust with no noticeable leaks when standing or running.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby oOplumberOo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:57 pm

davyjcb wrote:If you cannot see any dampness around the engine look for whiteish deposits if coolant leaks onto a very hot surface it evaporates off but usually leaves the telltale residue around the leak can you do a coolant pressure test its a kit that you pump up the cooling system to slightly more than the system pressure of the cooling system ( usually marked on the cap) then you leave it pumped up for a period of time and see if the pressure drops

idd say be careful when pressure testing the cooling system , i did this to my rad as i suspected a leak and the rad blew out like if it had put on 20 stone lol, iwas like " ah b0lo0x!! " didnt leak though , which was the worst bit hahah , have no experiance with these kits but didnt take much to kill the rad , 15-20 psi ish , rad looked knackered anyway so didnt feel bad buying a new one ,
oOplumberOo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits