*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Passenger seat

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Passenger seat

Postby 1robbie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Does anyone know if I can replace my double passenger seat in a mk7 LWB Transit with just a single seat ?
Maybe even a Transit drivers seat if it's possible to have the seat belt work properly .
Is there a lot of faffing about to put in something like a Galaxy seat which I have heard might work on a Mk7 .
Thanks
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Passenger seat

Postby NickJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:41 pm

I changed my double seat last week.

I put a drivers seat in from the scrap yard in my MK6 but 7's are the same I believe.

Went straight in. The tab on the seatbelt reciever is on the wrong side but the floor mounted one from the middle seat still reaches although I'm not sure if this is acceptable although I think its safe enough.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
NickJ
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby motorman116 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 am

I changed my Mk7 from a double passenger seat to a single seat, but you will require the battery box even though its not used for this on the passenger side for the seat to mount too......

Getting the Passenger single seat door card is another matter, as they are like gold dust, (very hard to get a hold of), and new from Ford they are £300 ish
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby NickJ » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 am

motorman116 wrote:I changed my Mk7 from a double passenger seat to a single seat, but you will require the battery box even though its not used for this on the passenger side for the seat to mount too......

Getting the Passenger single seat door card is another matter, as they are like gold dust, (very hard to get a hold of), and new from Ford they are £300 ish

Yeah I forgot to mention the base. A MK6 base should fit. I got my seat and base from the local scrap yard for my van for £36inc VAT. I put seat covers on and it looks great.

NickJ
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 1robbie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:54 am

motorman116 wrote:I changed my Mk7 from a double passenger seat to a single seat, but you will require the battery box even though its not used for this on the passenger side for the seat to mount too......

Thanks .
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1robbie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:54 am

NickJ wrote:I changed my double seat last week.

I put a drivers seat in from the scrap yard in my MK6 but 7's are the same I believe.

Went straight in. The tab on the seatbelt reciever is on the wrong side but the floor mounted one from the middle seat still reaches although I'm not sure if this is acceptable although I think its safe enough.

Thanks
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits