*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

minor oil leak

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

minor oil leak

Postby wronghole » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Can anyone tell me what the plastic part is on the hose going down to the intercooler ? mine has been weeping oil for some 3years . Mk7 rwd. cheers. Its marked: 6K683B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: minor oil leak

Postby wronghole » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Know body no then ?. I've heard a resonator ? or flame trap?
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 pm

wronghole wrote:Know body no then ?. I've heard a resonator ? or flame trap?

It's a resonator....I think Ford actually call it a "connector".

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 am

Id call it an extra bit to leak and cost you money. I've added an intercooler and making my own pipework and there's no resonators
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wronghole » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 am

So really all it does is connect two pipes together and leak oil :?: :roll:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:14 pm

wronghole wrote:So really all it does is connect two pipes together and leak oil :?: :roll:

Essentially.....if there's oil leaking from it the jubilee clips might be loose, plus I'd be checking your turbo for excess oil leaking from the impeller shaft seal...also injector clamps/copper sealing washers, you may have some crankcase heavy breathing happening.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wronghole » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks . Breathing normal I think as I did a comparison with other vans at TM last year :wink: . It only seems to leak or should I say weep when on idling on my drive, leaves a small stain. :lol: . When parked at work ,no stain as obviously engine not running.
Its been like that for 3plus years and also never had to top up oil between services as any oil loss is minimal if any. :roll: . Think I might get the spanners out and give it a good clean :D . If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind :| :!:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:29 pm

wronghole wrote:Its been like that for 3plus years and also never had to top up oil between services as any oil loss is minimal if any. :roll: . Think I might get the spanners out and give it a good clean :D . If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind :| :!:

There's always a bit of oil mist being pumped around the air inlet side of the engine, the crankcase breather essentially goes straight into the turbo inlet and then this goes through the turbo and back into the engine to be burnt again...a never ending cycle. Some people fit a breather separator which may help with the amount of oil mist etc...helps keep the intercooler, boost hoses and inlet manifold free of spooge too...doesn't stop it altogether but every little bit helps.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wronghole » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:32 am

knobby1 wrote:
wronghole wrote:Its been like that for 3plus years and also never had to top up oil between services as any oil loss is minimal if any. :roll: . Think I might get the spanners out and give it a good clean :D . If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind :| :!:

There's always a bit of oil mist being pumped around the air inlet side of the engine, the crankcase breather essentially goes straight into the turbo inlet and then this goes through the turbo and back into the engine to be burnt again...a never ending cycle. Some people fit a breather separator which may help with the amount of oil mist etc...helps keep the intercooler, boost hoses and inlet manifold free of spooge too...doesn't stop it altogether but every little bit helps.

Lord Knobrot

Cheers mate :D
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 pm

wronghole wrote:
knobby1 wrote:

Lord Knobrot

Cheers mate :D

Forgot to mention... the EGR is also the cause a lot of crud in the inlet manifold/cyl head inlet tract....but unless it's completely blocked off, there not a lot you can do about it.. :( A regular inlet manifold/head cleaning is essentially the best we can do..

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits