*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Need Air to Breath

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Need Air to Breath

Postby Jaffasoft » Tue May 23, 2017 11:02 pm

I need more air to breath.

I've converted a campervan and sectioned off the back are with play and insulated, coupled with solar panels on the roof it makes the area surprisingly cool. Thought i'm in an Australian climate and weather gets pretty damn warm. Normally i would have the back doors wide open and the side door and that's sufficient.

Now i am going to be in around some City areas and i've noticed if i shut the door at night due to tighter security i guess it gets a bit stuffy. The front windows have to be closed too, because around here if windows are left down it's regarded as inviting thieves and can cop a fine for it. What do you think would be the best way to draw air in? I've got plenty of electricity. Two 220AH Trojan t105 6V Deep Cycle Batteries.

I was thinking i could run a three inch round conduit from the front dash fan cavity down to the back bed area and put a computer fan on one end to draw air all day and night. Then i considered a properly installed overhead one in the ceiling.

If i drilled a 4 inch round hole in the floor through so can see the road and installed a couple 12V USB computer fans would that be a good way to draw the cooler air from under the Vehicle? But would that hole get dirt and debris coming up from the road? The best location in my Van it is about 1/2 foot in front of the right hand back wheel, i could put a hole there and run 3 or 4 inch conduit up over the mattress area to loft air over. I would like to be able to lock all the door with central locking and be able to sleep in the Vehicle overnight with the windows up everything sealed and locked.

I don't want to run air cons and things like that, just good air circulation!

Seeking ideas and suggestion that people may have already used and tried and tested or suggestions.
DIY Custom Campervan. 2003 Ford Transit Van VJ(MK6) 125 T350, LWB | RWD. Reco Engine:H9FA, 2005:2.4L, 135PS, kW101, 3500RPM. Finding and project managing profitable "Splitter Block" JV deals in Brisbane for property investors.
Jaffasoft
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Need Air to Breath

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed May 24, 2017 6:26 am

You need a big hole in
And a big hole out
Or your fan has nothing upon which to suck and won't do nought
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:46 am

bigjohnthomas wrote: a big hole in And a big hole out

Sounds like you to a "T" champion... :wink: :mrgreen:

I'll get me coat..!

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby jolly olly » Fri May 26, 2017 7:17 pm

You could remove the door seals to see what difference that makes other wise an opening roof light.
Life is not a dress rehearsal
jolly olly
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby gt_addict » Sat May 27, 2017 1:50 am

How about one if these on the roof to extract?

And then one of these on the side for an inlet?

gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sat May 27, 2017 6:52 am

I have that top fan in mine it sucks some air out and keeps it cool
But probably a tad noisy for a camper
But even with it switched off you have a 10 inch fart hole in your roof :D
bigjohnthomas wrote:You need a big hole in
knobby1 wrote:
bigjohnthomas wrote: a big hole in And a big hole out

Sounds like you to a "T" champion... :wink: :mrgreen:

I'll get me coat..!

Lord Knobrot

With regards to my exit it may be slightly enlarged but it is the best kept exit at castle gay skull and is always sh*t nut free and smells of lavender 8)
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:52 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:With regards to my exit it may be slightly enlarged but it is the best kept exit at castle gay skull and is always sh*t nut free and smells of lavender 8)

That's enough info about your "exit" please Sir..! :shock: :wink:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jaffasoft » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:04 am

Sorry i only just found these replies. After spending over a month around Brisbane suburbs:

1). I don't believe everything people tell me, because had windows open 24/7 and no fines or anything. Been camping all over Brisbane but now camped up at an old property i'm going joint venture purchasing possibly after i complete the research.

2). Even on a mild sun day her in sunny Brisbane it gets warm in the Van so summer is going to be critical and this is supposed to be winter. Will have to have a good ventilation system.

3). When the fridge is going it doubles to add heat into the are. So either will switch this off randomly during the day, but thats the best time to run it.

Those photos look like the goods!! Just need to find them on ebay Australia now and can get them delivered now i have an address.

P.S. Does anyone know why i don't get email notifications to forum thread reply. I;ve got it selected in my user profile.
DIY Custom Campervan. 2003 Ford Transit Van VJ(MK6) 125 T350, LWB | RWD. Reco Engine:H9FA, 2005:2.4L, 135PS, kW101, 3500RPM. Finding and project managing profitable "Splitter Block" JV deals in Brisbane for property investors.
Jaffasoft
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits