*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Problem with pump learn

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Postby andz327 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

My van seems to ne an anomaly especially being a 130 that's done 323,000mls, runs with cheapo prv for 120,000 mls and still not had a computer near it, snaps timing chains but doesn't damage nowt,,,,,,, so cant give advice comparing with me auld beast if you see what I mean guys

andZ3 Sony Z3
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam75pl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:40 am

loot wrote:Only possible issue is putting a genuine prv in with a cheap scv and that then blows the prv which wastes money, not aware of any other issues tbh, injectors are tdci so if in good order i can't see them failing and over fueling but then if the scv isn't regulating the fuel reliably (hunting) it is possible for the pcm to compensate but still i don't know of any evidence of over fueling.
fuel rail pressure can't exceed 1600 bar so it's all good i think :-)

Someone else may know better tho, i just base what i know on keeping things sweet using correct parts etc, not really studied what 'may happen' :wink:

I will say that in your case you've passed the injector pilot learn so i think quite possibly you've bought a good prv. Was this from eBay or pf jones?

PRV bought from Perry's direct.
SCV from PF jones throught their ebay shop.
Van isn't hunting after parts where replaced. Before replacement, Pump Learn was also failing. And while in heavy traffic, engine was losing power, no warning lights on the dashboard.
I guess I'll just wait and see what happens now, possibly buy small laptop so I can always have IDS handy to check what is going on if any issues occurs..
thanks very much for your advice, guys.
This post only expresses opinion of the author of today. It can not be used against him tomorrow, or any other day following that date. In addition, the author reserves the right to change his views, without prior notification.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Airthies » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 am

PRV is just a mechanical valve nothing fancy. But SCV is a bit more complex.
Svc is the one I wouldn't recommend skimping on. Either a genuine or trusted source for that like pfJ
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam75pl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:18 am

That's where I got it from and look what happened...
This post only expresses opinion of the author of today. It can not be used against him tomorrow, or any other day following that date. In addition, the author reserves the right to change his views, without prior notification.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ned » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:29 am

adam75pl wrote:That's where I got it from and look what happened...

Try doing the learns again now, its a bit cooler out side so it might pass. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:36 am

Airthies wrote:PRV is just a mechanical valve nothing fancy. But SCV is a bit more complex.
Svc is the one I wouldn't recommend skimping on. Either a genuine or trusted source for that like pfJ

I respectfully agree and disagree :P

Prv is very important because the length and thread depth and spring tension and washer depth need to be as good as the original, the copied ones are just all plain wrong and don't allow the rail pressure to be correct at all which causes the van to be a bitch to start and no pilot learns etc :-(

Only 2 possibilities here since he bought the prv from Perries Ford.

Scv from pf is poor quality (i don't associate pf with poor quality items tho but don't know) or there's an error ie leaky gasket or return pipe etc causing fuel problem.

Could be low voltage or other things, could be egr valve (i was getting eml for egr but i remember mine passed the learns so I'll lean away from that for now :-)

Why not buy a genuine scv from Ford or denso, fit it, try the learns (might need to check the prv is still intact too, if the problem persists then you can sell the scv on here, if the problem is fixed then see if pf will honour some sort of refund?

To cover myself i have to say it may not be the scv but we've all seen it over again :-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby withers1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 am

loot wrote:
Airthies wrote:PRV is just a mechanical valve nothing fancy. But SCV is a bit more complex.

I respectfully agree and disagree :P

Prv is very important because the length and thread depth and spring tension and washer depth need to be as good as the original, the copied ones are just all plain wrong and don't allow the rail pressure to be correct at all which causes the van to be a bitch to start and no pilot learns etc :-(

Scv from pf is poor quality (i don't associate pf with poor quality items tho but don't know) or there's an error ie leaky gasket or return pipe etc causing fuel problem.

Could be low voltage or other things, could be egr valve (i was getting eml for egr but i remember mine passed the learns so I'll lean away from that for now :-)

Why not buy a genuine scv from Ford or denso, fit it, try the learns (might need to check the prv is still intact too, if the problem persists then you can sell the scv on here, if the problem is fixed then see if pf will honour some sort of refund?

To cover myself i have to say it may not be the scv but we've all seen it over again :-(

Should this 2 day conversation not be in technical support getting board now
withers1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Punto443 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 am

Yes, it should be in its own thread I think :D

Now, where are those lazy moderators???????? :mrgreen:
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:00 am

I'll sort it :-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: Problem with pump learn

Postby adam75pl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 am

Tried it again this morning, no success.
Drove it for couple of miles, no new fault codes, it seem to work fine.
I'll get another SCV from Ford (Ouch!) and see what happens.
If anything, I live 5 Miles away from Martyn.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:51 am

withers1 wrote:
loot wrote:

I respectfully agree and disagree

Cheaky foof, Dont read it if your fookin bored, wait until you've got a problem...... Then you'll be bored,,, waiting for help.......if your bored go take that stupid looking spoiler of the back of your van for fook sake

andZ3 Sony Z3
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ake » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 am

Punto443 wrote:Yes, it should be in its own thread I think :D

Now, where are those lazy moderators???????? :mrgreen:

They are like busses!
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby andz327 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 am

andz327 wrote:
withers1 wrote:
loot wrote:[quote="Airthies"]PRV is just a mechanical valve nothing fancy. But SCV is a bit more complex.

I respectfully agree and disagree

Cheaky fook, Dont read it if your fookin bored, wait until you've got a problem...... Then you'll be bored,,, waiting for help.......if your bored go take that stupid looking spoiler of the back of your van gor fook sake

andZ3 Sony Z3
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam75pl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:23 am

Martyn says that DTC is harmless. Doesn't affect anything.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:32 am

If that is what he said then he'll be correct.
:wink:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits