*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine problem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Engine problem

Postby yannickdelasoul » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi all
I got a ford transit 2.2 tdci 2013 and bought it on February and i use it for delivery and its almost new with only 30.000 miles and when turned 40.000 the diesel filter lights came up( didn't change it) and 2/3 weeks later the service light came up and i kept driving it without doing anything...
A few days later when i left the m25 and drive on A12 towards home the van lost power and the oil light(red) came up and a noise like metal hitting on metal every time i accelerate.
Called my mechanic and came on next day and told me the oil pump was cracked and changed for a new one and said to me everything was fine.
Took the van on the next day to go work and when i start my journey everything was fine and drove for like 20min and stopped on traffic light. When started accelerate the van lost power again and i stopped on the side road and soon i stopped the engine stops and a small quantity of smoke came from the engine. Tried to start the engine again and nothing... left the van there and went to check later and tried to start the engine again and starts but only for a few seconds and goes down again... the mechanic that fixed the van said its probably the rings from the pistons and i need to buy the "rebuild engine kit" because thats that's the problem but i tooked to another garage and the other mechanic and checked and said it could be the diesel pump but it not sure about it and doesn't know what he can do..
What can you guys advise me to do please..
thanks yannick
yannickdelasoul

Re: Engine problem

Postby ake » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm

If you had had the van serviced at a Ford dealer when it was due, they'd have changed the oil pump for free because there was a recall on them.

They might even have fixed it when the oil pump failed, but now that someone else has touched it they won't honour any claim

The lesson here is that proper servicing is paramount
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:09 am

yannickdelasoul wrote:Hi all
...when turned 40.000km the diesel filter lights came up(i didn't change it) and 2/3 weeks later the service light came up and i kept driving it without doing anything...thanks yannick

And herein lies the problem...The lights usually come on for a reason....ignoring them will often result in grief...as you've found out...you'll get no sympathy from Ford, or most of us here.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:27 am

Jeeze that should not have happened :shock: You need a the dash warning light modification https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock- ... 007069.jpg
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits