*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

heres a sttrange one.......

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

heres a sttrange one.......

Postby scottie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 pm

just been to stratford upon avon with the caravan, 350 miles there and 350 miles back

got to within 5 miles on the way there then there seemed to be no power when i dropped a gear while passing a lorry on a hill, it was like this for the last 5 miles, unhitched the caravan, went back out in the transit and it was fine, it was fine to begin with on the way home aswell untill i changed down a gear again on the motorway, no power, managed to get into a services, turned off and restarted the van and it was fine, carried on our way,

it happened another few times on the way home, eventually nearly everytime i took my foot of off the throttle and tried to accelerate again, there seemed to be no power but as soon as i restarted the van it was fine again

van is a 07 2.2 fwd

i had a similar problem with a diesel focus which turned out to be the throttle pedal
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: heres a sttrange one.......

Postby adam75pl » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:59 am

Had same issue with my van, SCV was a problem.
This post only expresses opinion of the author of today. It can not be used against him tomorrow, or any other day following that date. In addition, the author reserves the right to change his views, without prior notification.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bobson6 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 am

I had similar issues like this last week, replaced SRV and PRV and did the pump learns and injector learns and back to normal.

Good instructions here for it: http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=164180
bobson6
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby scottie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

thanks for the replys

i guess its time to try out the IDS stuff i bought last time i had a problem and never used it :lol:
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby leetheedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 pm

might just be the fuel filter needs changing
leetheedge
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby scottie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:36 pm

been using the van locally for my work all week and it has been fine

so guessing it has something to be with pulling a load or sitting at certain revs for a certain period of time

can i change these valves without doing the pump learn as i have no access to a laptop with XP on it at the moment and it loos like this is what my IDS needs
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits