*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

leaking mk6 transit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

leaking mk6 transit

Postby stagg65 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Couldnt see where else to put this post so put it here.

So my windscreen on my mk6 has been leaking bad every time it rains or so i thought.
Got my mate who is an ex windscreen fitter to come around and have a look.
Straight away he said to me, " It aint your screen mate, its common on the mk6 the water is coming in through the A pillar where the clips are".
So we filled the clip holes behind the plastic trim replaced trim and tested for leaks.
Dry as a bone and ive checked the floor since the down pour we had last week still bone dry.
Job done, happy days.
Hope this helps someone else.
stagg65
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: leaking mk6 transit

Postby karl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:57 pm

picture ?

off what hole mate be interesting to see as its a fault with these after window screen is replaced
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby oOplumberOo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:39 pm

karl wrote:picture ?

off what hole mate be interesting to see as its a fault with these after window screen is replaced

its the holes that hold the trim clips for these,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit- ... SYZUkxBHDA
oOplumberOo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gavcarter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

I posted about this a while ago, after cutting a mk6 up fornwelding I could trace the rust back up from the bottom of wheel arch, behind door hinge to a pillar
gavcarter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby stagg65 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Thats right they are only small holes but thats all it takes.
The water runs down the inside of the A pillar then drips onto the top of the strut mount, then runs down the side till it meets the spongy underside of the rubber mat.
This is then soaked up and creates the perfect rust zone.
stagg65
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wicklabilly » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 pm

oOplumberOo wrote:
karl wrote:picture ?

its the holes that hold the trim clips for these,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit- ... SYZUkxBHDA

yep I refitted these strips the udder day and noticed that some of the attachment points for the new clips were broken off and previously someone decided to block up the corresponding holes on the A pillar to prevent water ingress, which is a good idea if you don't want to shell out for new plastic A pillar strips.
2002 Yella Transit Crew cab Tipper. T350 120 bhp Fairly clean and literally no chassis rust. 2011 MK7 crew cab Transit tipper. T350 115PS Euro 4
wicklabilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits