*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6 Transit Minibus - Opening Sunroof Needed - WHERE FROM ?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk6 Transit Minibus - Opening Sunroof Needed - WHERE FROM ?

Postby Campervan Handyman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Does anyone know how to get hold of a sunroof ? I have been searching for weeks without any joy and no one at ford is of any help ! and I can not find any info online. I have seen loads of mini buses with them on at the back of the bus ! There is a flat space for one to be fitted on the roof.

Any help appreciated

Many thanks.

Jay
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

https://www.youtube.com/campervanhandyman
Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk6 Transit Minibus - Opening Sunroof Needed - WHERE FRO

Postby the dutch guy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

sunroofs are very rare, i am looking as well for a secondhand one. i doubt you want to know the price of a new one if you can still order one if you have the part number.
prehaps the mk7 roof will fit as well. might want to ask the local stealer for the part numbers you need, they should be more then capable of finding them. with those you can look up compatible models that it also fits on.
aftermarket roof is probably cheaper and less hassle.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk6 Transit Minibus - Opening Sunroof Needed - WHERE FRO

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:19 am

the dutch guy wrote:sunroofs are very rare, i am looking as well for a secondhand one. i doubt you want to know the price of a new one if you can still order one if you have the part number.
prehaps the mk7 roof will fit as well. might want to ask the local stealer for the part numbers you need, they should be more then capable of finding them. with those you can look up compatible models that it also fits on.
aftermarket roof is probably cheaper and less hassle.

I have just bought a Dometic roof light/vent but would much prefer a sunroof to keep the van looking stealth as a camper.....

The price of a new sunroof is most likely well out of my budget.

I will keep searching and if I do find one I will sell the crappy roof light. I will check out mk7 ones... maybe at van scrappers..
Thanks

Jay
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

https://www.youtube.com/campervanhandyman
Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits