*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No power to cylinder 1 and 2

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

No power to cylinder 1 and 2

Postby Adamclyde » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 pm

I bought a 2007 2.2 non runner from an auction and now I'm in the process of getting it going

It will start up on cylinders 2 and 4 when I pull c1 or c3 the van won't cut out or change but when I pull c2 or c4 it will die immediately I've swapped about the see of its an injector problem but all are good

I've tested the power to the tops of each injector
Power to c2 and c4 but not to c1 or c3 I tested with a multimeter when cranking her over

Has anybody else experienced this?
Has anybody got a wiring diagram?
How should I go about testing?

Any help much appreciated I will post the problem and solution to help anybody else after it's solved
Thanks in advance
Adamclyde

Re: No power to cylinder 1 and 2

Postby Back probe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:04 am

Do you mean unplugging the injectors while the vans running? Shouldn't do that. Unplug one injector with the key off and then start vehicle and so on.
You can check the resistance in each injector. Should be between 0.6 and 0.8 ohms. Wiring runs back to PCM, I should be able to find PIN numbers. You'll have to remove the PCM shear bolt to access the multi plug.
Back probe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: No power to cylinder 1 and 2

Postby Back probe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 am

But you may as well finish the wiring checks you've done on 2 and 4 to 1 and 3, then compare readings.

Edit: ignore this, I misread your post as not checked wiring to 1and 3. It's too early.
Back probe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits