*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Clutch dmf and starter motor changed but after 8 months

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Clutch dmf and starter motor changed but after 8 months

Postby servan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:02 am

I bought a ford transit 2010, after 2-3 months there was a starting problem i had to sometimes try 2-3 times to start the engine. i took it to a garage and they told me that clutch dmf and startter motor need be changed. while they did this job they cut and weald the chasis by the left tyre. when i saw that they said on of the big bolt didnt open so they had to do that. i got my van but when i was driving on bad road banging noise was coming. i took it back to garage they said they forgot to fix some bolts on suspension. However, the suspension was never like before. Anyway my main problem is that the starting problem came back again after 8 months from changing clutch dmf and starter motor which cost me £1000. Is this normal? Now i dont know what to do? Help me please. thanks
servan

Re: Clutch dmf and starter motor changed but after 8 months

Postby FordDriver » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Maybe they installed some cheap ebay shiet starter motor, they wont last for long. Try first to charge your battery to full and then try what happens. :D
All you gotta do is Go Further! Transit mk6 2.0/Mondeo mk2 1.8
FordDriver
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Clutch dmf and starter motor changed but after 8 months

Postby 4door4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:57 am

Can you describe the startintg problem in detail? Does the starter motor only click? Or does the engine turn but not start? Does it try to start or just nothing?
4door4
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits