*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dealership F****d up my van!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Dealership F****d up my van!

Postby misterdog » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:24 pm

I contacted Allen Ford Head office and was told by Karl Robinson (I have the call recorded)

I hope you told him you were recording the call.

I'm off for another bag of popcorn.
2002 Mk6 90 T350 2.4TDDI
misterdog
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK7 user » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 am

Oh dear. :(

Sorry to hear your tale of woe buddy but I'm sorry to say that some of the info in this thread is 101% wrong.

The statement from Jacksons regarding what has happened & why is total bolly....if this van is a Mk7 Euro IV you don't have a Delphi fuel system....I don't condone how you have been treated by what looks to be a Toss-Jockey dealership, but it does look as if you are the author of your own misfortune by buying spurious parts.

Grow a pair....go back to stage one....start again & don't make the same mistakes again. :idea:
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby the dutch guy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:28 pm

misterdog wrote:
I contacted Allen Ford Head office and was told by Karl Robinson (I have the call recorded)

I hope you told him you were recording the call.
I'm off for another bag of popcorn.

legally you don't have to, it is legal to record conversations YOU are a part of and you don't publicize it.
Under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA), it is not illegal for individuals to tape conversations provided the recording is for their own use.

you can use it as a reference do make sure you have the qoutes correct and if the other party plays the "i did not say that" card you can prove you are right on tape if you take it to court.
but at that point you legally have to let them know you have a tape of their converations and probably will see a settlement out of court.
but you need to have them lie on the record (preferably on paper) first. at that point you basically won the case as they have to admit they lied during court.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm

You haven won it at all all the beak says is that even though you have it on tape unfortunately Mr who ever it is can't remember saying that
So that are not lying at all :D
No sh*t man
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby the dutch guy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:24 pm

First you need to have them aknowledge them to either confirm or deny said qoute. If they go "i never said that" on paper and this goes to court you have a big stick in the courtroom as they have to agree to the court they lied on paper. At rhat point you can claim they will say anything in order to get out of the case. If you have the price qoute of 500+ pounds on a 130 pound part you can support that claim. At that point the trustworthness of the dealership is out the window and (your) lawyer and the court will have a blast picking apart the case in your favour.

Cases like this is often "he said, she said" so it comes down to who's claims are the most reasonable and believable. If you can paint the other side as untrustworthy and lying on official statements you can often win the case on that alone.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Punto443 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 pm

You have a denso fuel system, not delphi.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby karl » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:02 am

Punto443 wrote:You have a denso fuel system, not delphi.

as punto said you have denso not delphi

if you local to Manchester i sort it out :o

seems to me they dont know what they doing

and if ford said to you, you have to buy the hole rail then they talking shite mate

you only have to buy the rail with the other sensor in it which is fuel temp one :shock:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby misterdog » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:23 am

MartinWillmott wrote:The van went in with a question "What's error 54 consult oasis?" no lights on and everything running fine,

So the van was running fine after you had changed some parts, which may have been genuine or not (you seem reluctant to say), why then did you see the need to take it to a Ford garage ?

Several people have asked if the parts fitted by you were genuine, yes or no, this information would be very useful.
2002 Mk6 90 T350 2.4TDDI
misterdog
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MartinWillmott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:43 am

karl wrote:
Punto443 wrote:You have a denso fuel system, not delphi.

as punto said you have denso not delphi

if you local to Manchester i sort it out :o

seems to me they dont know what they doing

and if ford said to you, you have to buy the hole rail then they talking shite mate

you only have to buy the rail with the other sensor in it which is fuel temp one :shock:

The other end of the rail is the fuel pressure sensor and I replaced that too without the rail
MartinWillmott
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MartinWillmott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 am

misterdog wrote:
MartinWillmott wrote:The van went in with a question "What's error 54 consult oasis?" no lights on and everything running fine,

So the van was running fine after you had changed some parts, which may have been genuine or not (you seem reluctant to say), why then did you see the need to take it to a Ford garage ?

Several people have asked if the parts fitted by you were genuine, yes or no, this information would be very useful.

The PRV and fuel regulator were fitted by a garage o I don't know if they have a ford label on them, yes the van was running fine with no lights on the dash, starting 1st flick of the key and doing 80mph fully loaded, I was just concerned about what error 54 was because it was apparently the reason the pump learn aborted, although the van was running perfectly I was concerned that without the learn the fuel pressure may be too high and blow the PRV again.
MartinWillmott
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MartinWillmott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 am

If the fuel pressure is down by 30% what effect would that have on starting and running? anyone know?
MartinWillmott
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby the dutch guy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:18 am

If the pressiure is high enough to allow starting it will run, but very lumpy. It expects the pressiue to climb once the engine is running if the pressiure stays down it probably cant sustain any rpm increase and wont deliver any power. Most diesel systems only need 300bar in order to start but need 1000+ bar in order to run properly. That 300bar is done in just a few rotations of the crankshaft but it needs more rpm in order to get to operating pressure. If it cant it will either keep running in limp mode, turn off again after a few seconds or simply refuse to go beyond idle rpm. It depends on the brand and model of the injection system on how it deals with low pressure.

My experience is with bosch mostly so your milage may vary.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MartinWillmott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am

the dutch guy wrote:If the pressiure is high enough to allow starting it will run, but very lumpy. It expects the pressiue to climb once the engine is running if the pressiure stays down it probably cant sustain any rpm increase and wont deliver any power. Most diesel systems only need 300bar in order to start but need 1000+ bar in order to run properly. That 300bar is done in just a few rotations of the crankshaft but it needs more rpm in order to get to operating pressure. If it cant it will either keep running in limp mode, turn off again after a few seconds or simply refuse to go beyond idle rpm. It depends on the brand and model of the injection system on how it deals with low pressure.

My experience is with bosch mostly so your milage may vary.

It starts first flick of the key every time even if I don't wait for the glow plugs, never goes into limp mode and does 80mph loaded, the only issue is, there is now no injector learn so it's a bit rattly on idle which it wasn't before and the drive train warning light is on. does that sound like a 30% reduction in fuel pressure?

My thought on this is that the dealership screwed up the software somewhere ie deleted the injector learn and now they're trying to get me to either fund their mistake or get me to bugger off elsewhere, I could be wrong but 3 other garages all say the fuel pressure is spot on and it runs perfectly apart from not a nice smooth idle like it had before it went to Allen Ford.

Things Allen Ford have said so far in no particular order
1, the PRV only comes with the fuel rail as a one piece unit.
2, we had to wait to diagnose the injectors as we don't own a leak off kit.
3, we don't know what the oasis code 54 means
4, you have low fuel pressure 30% down
5, could be faulty fuel pump
6, could be PRV
7, could be Fuel regulator valve
8, could be cam chain,
9, there's fuel in the fuel filter housing,
10 we don't listen to what other garages say,
11, the light was on when it came into the workshop,
12, the learn we tried failed and that's why the light is on,
13, we don't know why the learn failed but we believe the fuel pressure caused it to abort,
14, we can't diagnose a specific problem but we'll have a guess and replace some parts,
15, it's obvious you no longer trust us so take your van elsewhere we are no longer going to work on it.
16 we have not caused any problems with your van.
MartinWillmott
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby the dutch guy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 pm

So they are saying just one thing: we dont know and you are going to pay until we do.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MartinWillmott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 pm

the dutch guy wrote:So they are saying just one thing: we dont know and you are going to pay until we do.

yes well until I challenged them on adding unnecessary expensive parts ie a fuel rail then they got stroppy and told me to F off
MartinWillmott
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits