*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear door central locking loom MK6 on a MK7???

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Rear door central locking loom MK6 on a MK7???

Postby Tuffty » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 am

Hi there folks,

Cracking site, posts have helped me suss a fair few things out over the years.

If anyone could advise on the following, it would be much appreciated.

I've got a central locking issue on a Transit Mk7 2011 330.

Pretty sure it was a crushed rear door loom, managed to get hold of one (possibly Mk6) that has the right connectors on (possibly an extra contact in one tho) and swapped it over, replaced the blown fuse (15amp no. 78 in the second box under glovebox)

Central locking now works again, but just keeps cycling the doors... they lock and then spring back to unlock, any ideas what could be up?

Gonna check contacts on side door, but just wondered if it might be the wrong loom (or there is a slight difference between MK6 and MK7)

Thanks
Tuffty

Re: Rear door central locking loom MK6 on a MK7???

Postby ake » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 am

Tuffty wrote:Hi there folks,

Cracking site, posts have helped me suss a fair few things out over the years.

If anyone could advise on the following, it would be much appreciated.

I've got a central locking issue on a Transit Mk7 2011 330.

Pretty sure it was a crushed rear door loom, managed to get hold of one (possibly Mk6) that has the right connectors on (possibly an extra contact in one tho) and swapped it over, replaced the blown fuse (15amp no. 78 in the second box under glovebox)

Central locking now works again, but just keeps cycling the doors... they lock and then spring back to unlock, any ideas what could be up?

Gonna check contacts on side door, but just wondered if it might be the wrong loom (or there is a slight difference between MK6 and MK7)

Thanks

Not sure about rear door, but front door looms are different between mk6 and mk7
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits