*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injectors? Pump?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Injectors? Pump?

Postby tobeloy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Forum

I don't have a clue really but my 2012 Mk 7 Diesel has developed a problem, it basically is quite noisy and has issues pulling away in 1st and 2nd gears in that it has some loss of power. The best way to describe it is like a misfire similar to when a petrol engine has a dodgy plug or lead. I have to get the van up to higher revs before changing gear to get the speed up, at times it struggled to get over 3000rpm on idle when pressing the accelerator, if you press the accelerator hard enough you get the speed eventually in the low gears and once up to speed it runs well at 70 mph but not sure if its healthy.

The van has 200,000 motorway miles on it, no major issues before this, my mechanic reckons it could be an injector, he has done all the tests he can do and recommends testing the injectors or putting it into Ford, what do you people think?

Any suggestions appreciated
tobeloy

Re: Injectors? Pump?

Postby v8dave » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Code read with ids.

Maybe attempt the injector correction learn process and see if it fails with a useful error message.
There is an injector cut function in ids, the noise might not change if the bad injector is turned off.

Has you mechanic done a leak off test ?
mk7 08reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD
mk6 X reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD - scrapped
mk4 J reg 2.5 L300 LWB MHR RWD - sold on

Notice a trend there ? not too big and not too small
v8dave
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Injectors? Pump?

Postby daleboy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Do she feel a bit like she's running outa fuel?.
daleboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits