*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

blown turbo . help

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: blown turbo . help

Postby knobby1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm

hiddenspy wrote:Think the van is done . Suposably oil is still getting through but not at the cartridge side or somthing? . I'm not sure what they mean .I think I have lost interest in it and going to brake it and go for a new van on finance :cry: dose anyone know if the 2014 shape transit that's 2.2 is the same engine? And would anyone advise going for the 2.0 130 bhp one?.

Do you know if they've cleaned out the whole intake system as gavcarter has suggested??...Including the intercooler, boost hoses and inlet manifold.??...Otherwise there may be residual oil inside from the original turbo failure..one would think the garage would already know this, but can't hurt to ask the question, might save you scrapping a perfectly fine van.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby hiddenspy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:00 am

They said they did clean it all but I have no idea. I had a look at newer vans yesterday at Ford 15995 +vat for a 66 plate but I just looked to see about the scraper scheme... it looks like they would offer 7k for all transits older than 2010 on brand new vans.bringing the price for a new one in to the same price for that 66 plate? .
Think I'm going to make some enquiries. Probably a lot of rubbish though.
hiddenspy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hiddenspy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Just to keep the post up dated .

I traded the transit in on the ford scrapped scheme got a cracking deal on a brand new van so now have a 67 plate magnetic grey l2 m2 transit . . Thanks for the help though guys :)
hiddenspy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits