*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Side Door Locking Issue

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Side Door Locking Issue

Postby stephen06 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 am

Hi,

I am having trouble with the side door locking on my transit MK7, I only recently got the van and the central locking fuse was pulled when I got it so obviously the central locking did not work. I thought it might be a simple job but it does not appear to be. I have already replaced the back door loom and now the back doors will lock but the side door actuator will still not work. Every time I press the lock button on the key the van beeps the horn, The front doors and back door lock but the side door will not do anything.

I got a new actuator and connected it to the loom from the door in the van while sitting in the van watching the actuator. The actuator goes in but refuses to extend back out again. I have tested the wiring with the door closed and all three contacts are connecting ok between the connection in the inside pillar and the connector in the door.

I have also put a meter on the 3 pin connector going to the actuator and I get a 12v pulse when the I press the unlock but nothing when I press the lock.

Does anyone have any ideas what to try next or where these three wires go back too (BCM perhaps)? If I knew where the wires went back to I could test the continuity back and test for a break.

I have hours and hours put into it at this stage and could really do with some advice if anyone has any ideas,

Thanks,
stephen06

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits