*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

has anyone remapped a mk6 125 2.0 transit successfully

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

has anyone remapped a mk6 125 2.0 transit successfully

Postby nmartin546 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm

I have a transit I want to remap but I've seen on van tuner that he doesn't remap these any more ?
nmartin546
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: has anyone remapped a mk6 125 2.0 transit successfully

Postby ned » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 pm

I looked into it but as you say vantuner wont do them as they are too temperamental. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nmartin546 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks I would have thought he could get the files he says he needs
nmartin546
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:38 pm

nmartin546 wrote:Thanks I would have thought he could get the files he says he needs

Oh...I believe he can do them and has the required files and info etc, but he chooses not to because they're so troublesome and unreliable after remapping....more trouble than they're worth.

I suspect it may be because they're on the edge before a remap... and a remap puts them over the edge of reliability.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MK7 user » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 am

nmartin546 wrote:I have a transit I want to remap but I've seen on van tuner that he doesn't remap these any more ?

Have a look at a couple of threads on the board below this one....no offence intended toward those that own one but, Mk6 tdci & successful are at opposite ends of the scale....the Delphi Fuel Injection System in a Mk6 tdci is a complete arse, a remapped one will never be anything other than a complete pigs arse. :oops:
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 am

You don't need to remap,you need to rehome :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby the dutch guy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:56 am

Doing a full cleanup of the engine (manifold cleaning), capping the egr and other basic maintenance and slight mods will increase the reliavillty and make it much better to drive. No remap needed.

Dont forget it is still a engine lifted from a regular mondeo and slapped into the front of a van.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wojciech » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:33 pm

nmartin546 wrote:I have a transit I want to remap but I've seen on van tuner that he doesn't remap these any more ?

Mk6 2.0 tdci is impossible to remap through OBD. It is possible only directly on chip removed from PCM. It is very deep and danger intervention in van electronic.
I didn't want to do it and I have installed in my Mk6 2,0 tdci good digital box (V-Tech), practically effects are close to remaping. I use it now 8th year. It is complicated and expensive unit, it isn't box with one resistor inside...
It has 10 positions switch, switching over is very easy, two minutes. In newest V-Tech boxes it is possible throgh smartphone.
On position 0 (without box) my 2,0 tdci has 132HP/292Nm, on position 4 it has 145HP/346Nm, on position 6 156HP/371Nm but this one with engine knocking. So - I don't use higher positions. Usually I drive on 2nd position, it is - I think - about 140HP. And I like it. 8) 8) 8)

People who talk only negative things about Delphi system haven't any long experience about it. Well done injectors and pump with genuine parts works without problems up to 200.000 km = 125.000 miles. Of course it isn't the best injection system in the world, but quite good. I know worse systems... :twisted:

http://powerchip.vtechtuning.eu/index.p ... ommon/home
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MK7 user » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm

wojciech wrote:

Mk6 2.0 tdci is impossible to remap through OBD. It is possible only directly on chip removed from PCM. It is very deep and danger intervention in van electronic.
I didn't want to do it and I have installed in my Mk6 2,0 tdci good digital box (V-Tech), practically effects are close to remaping. I use it now 8th year. It is complicated and expensive unit, it isn't box with one resistor inside...
It has 10 positions switch, switching over is very easy, two minutes. In newest V-Tech boxes it is possible throgh smartphone.
On position 0 (without box) my 2,0 tdci has 132HP/292Nm, on position 4 it has 145HP/346Nm, on position 6 156HP/371Nm but this one with engine knocking. So - I don't use higher positions. Usually I drive on 2nd position, it is - I think - about 140HP. And I like it. 8) 8) 8)

People who talk only negative things about Delphi system haven't any long experience about it. Well done injectors and pump with genuine parts works without problems up to 200.000 km = 125.000 miles. Of course it isn't the best injection system in the world, but quite good. I know worse systems... :twisted:

http://powerchip.vtechtuning.eu/index.p ... ommon/home

I'll admit to never having a 2.0 tdci, so I'm not talking from experience. :wink:

Most people who have one (or had one) don't have the same knowledge & experience you have....so they are at the mercy of a garage who's primary goal is to make money as regular as they can. :x
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby wojciech » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 pm

MK7 user wrote:
Most people who have one (or had one) don't have the same knowledge & experience you have....so they are at the mercy of a garage who's primary goal is to make money as regular as they can. :x

Problems with Delphi injection system in Mk6 tdci it is piece of cake - compared to whole rest of problems in this van. They are absolutely not bigger than about tddi Bosch system.
About rest of problems in Mk6 I can write 1000-page book. :evil: It is catastrophic emergency van, but with very big driving pleasure (if you know how to stop think about wasted money :lol: )
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MK7 user » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:45 pm

wojciech wrote:
Problems with Delphi injection system in Mk6 tdci it is piece of cake - compared to whole rest of problems in this van.

:shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you take the view that the Delphi system has a history of being problematic & when you hit the "first problem" with Injectors you replace all 4 of them, & the pump at the same time, provided it lasts another 100k miles then yes, the issue is resolved in one hit. 8)

The reality is....you replace all 4 Injectors, 3 months further down the road the pump disintegrates & fills the new Injectors with swarf, resulting in a new pump, 4 new Injectors & a fuel system flush. :(

On a 12~14 year old van, the cost of repairs is more than the van is worth :!:
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby the dutch guy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 am

but such a repair is still cheaper then getting another van with someone elses problems. nobody sells a car that has no problems, otherwise they would not sell it.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK7 user » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 am

the dutch guy wrote:but such a repair is still cheaper then getting another van with someone elses problems. nobody sells a car that has no problems, otherwise they would not sell it.

Not so....I bought a Mk7 without a single problem, the "going rate" was substantially less than the previous owner had paid due to "Bad Publicity"....the owner wanted shot of it, it spent too long in a garage because his local mechanic only knows how to repair euro 3 vans, he had a dealership repair & then sold it to avoid dealership prices on "out of warranty" repairs....you can only dump so much money into an "old van" before the cost of repairs exceed the price of a new van. :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby wojciech » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 am

MK7 user wrote:
On a 12~14 year old van, the cost of repairs is more than the van is worth :!:

Yes, if you want pay money for ignorant mechanics...
Forum is for people who want and can, but... they don't know how...
I wrote on this Forum many times how to repair Delphi injectors. It is really easy work in typical Delphi cases - to big fuel overflow. If you do it yourself, it costs only valve price. In Poland 40-45 GBP/1pcs. I did it myself many times for me and for other guys - every time with positive effect. If van has bigger mileage, it is good change also sprayers. You need for it three keys, small tube Loctite 222 (2GBP) and few hours - nothing more.
I didn't touch pump, I send it to good mechanic (200GBP), but I know some guys they did it with good effect (for example https://forum.fordclubpolska.org/showth ... p?t=228747 ). When I compare it to repair costs about Bosch VP30/VP44 pump injection timing valve and pump electronic controller - I can say that Delphi it is... friendly system for user. 8)
Delphi has merit of availability all genuine parts for injectors and pump - in very good prices. You can not say it about Denso - in Denso case you must buy new injectors in horrendous prices.
I like Delphi... :lol:
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby the dutch guy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am

MK7 user wrote:
the dutch guy wrote:but such a repair is still cheaper then getting another van with someone elses problems. nobody sells a car that has no problems, otherwise they would not sell it.
Not so....I bought a Mk7 without a single problem
don't take the exeption as a rule. :wink:

ps: you bought a mk7, that IS the problem. :mrgreen:
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits