*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heated seats questions.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Heated seats questions.

Postby Beaker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:58 am

Hi guys, a couple of questions regarding heated seats for my Mk7.

My van has auto lights and wipers, heated screen and mirrors, so some high spec features but no heated seats. I've searched the forum and found some info that suggests it should be fairly easy, as I have a 20A fuse in the seat heater slot (43) and looking under the driver's seat I have a thick grey wire running alongside the blue and black/white wire to the "handbrake on" switch connector socket.

So my questions are:

#1. Is it simply a case of fitting heated seat pads to the seats (I'd like to fit to the outer passenger seat too), making up a suitable loom and connecting the positives to the spare terminal on the handbrake connector (to the grey wire) via a couple of switches, with the negative wires to ground?

#2. I was looking at these - would they be suitable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pairs-Carbo ... qt02XzEdTA

#3. Would I be right in assuming that the relay used on these pads is for the high/low setting?

#4. The cigarette lighter type heated seat covers are much cheaper. Could I cut off the plugs and connect them to the grey wire and ground instead?

Cheers,
Mark.
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits