*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2006 transit t350 135 my 6 rough running and vibration

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2006 transit t350 135 my 6 rough running and vibration

Postby Mickroe177 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 am

I have an owned from new ford transit 135 t350 tacit. 2006 model year with only 60000 miles on the clock rear wheel drive.
Over the last few months I have encountered a problem with serious vibration through the drive train/engine whilst accelerating through the gears.
Once up to comfortable cruising speed and you can ease back on the throttle the vibration disappears and the van seems to run ok.
However as soon as more power is required eg: the approach to a hill,overtaking etc and the throttle is opened then the serious vibration makes itself known immediately.
Also slightly down on power.
The engine smokes heavily whilst ticking over and appears to run “lumpy” as if there is a mis fire.
Also when ticking over if I hold the throttle fully open it will sometimes only rev to 3000 revs but then a few seconds later will rev out fully.
Also after being run for a while if I knock the engine off and go to restart it won’t fire up but will start every time at the second attempt.
So the things I have changed to try and cure this so far are: wheels balanced,new prop shaft centre carrier fitted,new dual mass flywheel fitted,new clutch fitted,all 4 injectors replaced and still the above symptoms continue.
Any suggestions or advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Mickroe177

Re: 2006 transit t350 135 my 6 rough running and vibration

Postby karl » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 pm

HI THEIR

when you replaced the injectors did you change the fuel filter, and empty the old one out to check for metal particals

also did you reprogram the new injectors :!:

sounds to me its miss firing and over fueling

were these new / recon injectors :?:

maybe egr stuck open

best to get it plugged in to ids or a very good diagnostics syatems that read obd1
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Mickroe177 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Yes all new injectors and reprogrammed.
Also new fuel filter.
Didn’t check insidevold one to be honest.
Getting it plugged into diagnostics tomorrow so hoping that shows something.
Your overfuelling theory is also what I’m thinking but I’m not that technical so hoping someone can narrow it down.
Thanks for your input.
Mickroe177

Postby karl » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Mickroe177 wrote:Yes all new injectors and reprogrammed.
Also new fuel filter.
Didn’t check insidevold one to be honest.
Getting it plugged into diagnostics tomorrow so hoping that shows something.
Your overfuelling theory is also what I’m thinking but I’m not that technical so hoping someone can narrow it down.
Thanks for your input.

injectors brand new out off a delphi box :!:

other then that i would be going down the root of suction control valve one the pump, their is 2 on them green and grey ones

same as the mondeo 2.2 tdci
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits