*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

rear brake drum size 2004 Mk6

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

rear brake drum size 2004 Mk6

Postby cowasaki » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:01 am

My brake shoes are needing to be replaced and there is a 35% discount going on at Europarts till midnight Sunday (saving me £44 on everything). I went to order the shoes, drums and front pads but it says that there could be two different sizes. Is there an easy way to check without removing the brake drum? Only asking as I am off to work now and when I get back I need to place the order. It would be much easier to just remove and then replace a wheel especially if it's raining later. I put my reg number into Europart's and another web page and both state it could be 254mm diameter with 52mm width OR 280mm diameter and 65 width. I suspect both drum and shoes need replacing as they've been making a little noise for a week or so but I have yet to see. I was going to order drums, shoes and pads and take the drums back if they are not needed.

Thanks
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits