*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Electric window conversion!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Electric window conversion!

Postby rbarn89 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi guys, i have a mk7 with keep fit windows. I bought conversion kit and got it all installed. I went to put fuse 56 in and there isn't any metal terminals for fuse 56?!

All help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
rbarn89

Re: Electric window conversion!

Postby Thequeenscheese » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Uve got the wrong fuse box fitted then, no biggie tho you can buy double adapters for the fuses, halfords use them all the time to fit radioactive ( they used one on my old navara) not sure which would be the best one to double up in tho, central locking maybe as that shouldn't get used in conjunction with the windows?

https://goo.gl/images/HxiuaT something like that..
2.2 tdci T280
Thequeenscheese
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rbarn89 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Thequeenscheese wrote:Uve got the wrong fuse box fitted then, no biggie tho you can buy double adapters for the fuses, halfords use them all the time to fit radioactive ( they used one on my old navara) not sure which would be the best one to double up in tho, central locking maybe as that shouldn't get used in conjunction with the windows?

https://goo.gl/images/HxiuaT something like that..
Thanks for this! I thought i had just wasted my time. So what do i actually do with the adapter? Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
rbarn89

Postby Thequeenscheese » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:38 pm

You just take out the fuse put the adaptor in and put 2 fuses into that, obv you'll need to wire the switches / motor etc to the adaptor, but I'm guessing use already got some internal wiring use plugged the new harness into so ullprobably want to find the other end of that, personally tho if it's not obvious I'd splash the £40 a mobile auto spark would charge to wire it for you..

You could also be missing a relay if there is one etc..
2.2 tdci T280
Thequeenscheese
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits