*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Anti-Theft Options

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Anti-Theft Options

Postby Gilbo1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi all,
First post to the forum.. :)
My previous Transit was stolen back in June, and have since replaced it with a similar model. I have already upgraded the locks to Garrison with an armaplate, but wondered what peoples thoughts and advice are to further protect the vehicle?

I thinking of clutch locks or steering locks, what are your opinions and suggestions?

I apologise if this has been on a previous thread.
Many thanks, Mark
Gilbo1

Re: Anti-Theft Options

Postby the dutch guy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm

hidden switch that cuts power to the ECU. you cant prevent people from getting in but you can prevent them from starting the van.
note that the locks on steering or pedal type locks are VERY poor quality and usually broken in a few seconds. our european friends from the east knw these and are not stopped by it one bit.
having a immibilizer is also useless as they have OBD reprogrammers that can bypass the immobilizer in 30 seconds. if the ECU cannot power up it can never start.

i used to have a DIY sulution with a simple reed swich and a relay and a magnet inside my armband. turn key, activate reed swich hidden in the door armrest with magnet and that fires the relay and keeps the ECU powerd until i turn the key off and the relay disengages. worked like a charm and it has been broken into and tried to be stolen 8 times. the last time they had those immobilizer-delete boxes and removed the immobilizer but could not get the car to start they even tried to bump start it by pushing it with another car. messed up my bumper but they did not get it to run... i know this because i watched them do it together with 3 other co-workers. pro-tip: do not steal from 4 army veterans. bad times shall be had.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Anti-Theft Options

Postby Airthies » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Could cut off OBD plug and put on a diferent plug so there's no way they can plug in to the system.
The bit you cut off make into a short extension so you can still plug in
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2267867077
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits