*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tips for a newbie? (07 ex-AA 110T300)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Tips for a newbie? (07 ex-AA 110T300)

Postby Eoinom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 am

Hi all

After many years of other brands I just bought my first Ford, and my first Transit. Its a 07 ex-AA van, with 1 owner in between them and myself and of course there's no handbook, although I since found one online. Nor is there no Service manual - is there any timing belt that I need to check, or have changed. It's gotten 170,000 miles and the dealer told me it was a Timing Chain so nothing needed to be done - in fairness he checked with his mechanic while I was there.. but I've heard too many horror stories. I cant find a service handbook to check.

Any other tips or suggestions, apart from what I've learnt like getting the underside sealed and making sure its maintained properly. The main thing that attracted me was the service history - and must admit to have gotten a little excited when I saw what that it wasn't just a bog standard transit, but I did manage to keep it hidden while the dealer was there although my check of the van should've been more thorough, but I did manage to get a short warranty thrown into the deal.

I must admit the whole deal was a bit surreal. I think his normal customer is farmers and builders who carry tools in the back. He kept apologising for the glass in the back tail gate and lack of a bulkhead and offered to get them blanked up at cost if I needed them done. I wasn't telling him these were what I was looking for. He told me there was heated seats, but he didnt know how to turn it off and never mentioned the ESP, nor the A/C, so I didn't either! I'm looking forward to finding out what other options are fitted on the van when I collect it on Thursday and see if the stereo is blue tooth or not.

It also has a number of switches and buttons on the dash to do with the AA equipment - anyone any ideas what they do? - my plan is to turn the transit into a mobile office so I'm not sure if any of this would be reusable, or even useful... I'll post pictures when I pick it up on Thursday.

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips!
Eoinom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Tips for a newbie? (07 ex-AA 110T300)

Postby loot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

The electric seats have a switch located on the seat base have a look for them, they are on/off but i think they have a thermal cut out but never checked.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Eoinom » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks - found that one.... It "feels" thermostatic as I drive.

Now to see what the AA buttons and Switches do... also trying to find the AA control unit to see if its still there. It would be useful to operate some work lights.
Eoinom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby antcull » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am

I have a ex aa 57 plate and my switch gear is where the front most cab light would be, need to look at mine as my rear beacons work and the work lights work but my front beacons no work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 90 T350 LWB HR
antcull
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Eoinom » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 pm

antcull wrote:I have a ex aa 57 plate and my switch gear is where the front most cab light would be, need to look at mine as my rear beacons work and the work lights work but my front beacons no work

Hi have the panel in the same place... just wondering where the main control box is normally located - I cant seem to find it unless its behind the dash. All the lights have been removed already and just wondering if I could set new ones up.
Eoinom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby antcull » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Not sure as I said all my lights are still there, I do ha a big box in the back of mine that I have no idea what it is for though will try and take some pictures tomorrow afternoon when I have fitted the cameras in her car and maybe the ones in my van too

2005 90 T350 LWB HR
antcull
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Eoinom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 pm

antcull wrote:Not sure as I said all my lights are still there, I do ha a big box in the back of mine that I have no idea what it is for though will try and take some pictures tomorrow afternoon when I have fitted the cameras in her car and maybe the ones in my van too

I checked mine today and nothing in the back :( looks like it was all stripped out except for the control box and the aerials... The switch on the dash is disconnected and the button for the engine run without a key works.
Eoinom
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby antcull » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:44 pm

My run lock works I will try to add a few pics of the unknown box I have in the back
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG

Hope this works and if anyone knows what it is any info would be greatly appreciated

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2005 90 T350 LWB HR
antcull
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits