*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Cluster panel problem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Cluster panel problem

Postby Deonf » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 pm

My 2010 Transit cluster panel keeps resetting itself randomly, sometime it can go days without doing it then other times several times per day, it resets the trip counter and mpg display
Deonf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Cluster panel problem

Postby Rig » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

You might have solved this issue by now, but I have the same problem. My issue is that the back battery clamp isn't a tight fit anymore, I've tightened it as far as it'll go but it's worn out, it's just that, that needs replacing and it sometimes loses it's connection for a moment. If it isn't that exact issue I've definitely search around the battery connectors and make they have very tight fits.
2006 MK7 High Top LWB RWD - currently converting into a campervan
Rig
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Cluster panel problem

Postby Deonf » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I’ve checked everything relating to the battery and terminals I’ve had it tested aswell and all fine. The fault is still there and every day now too! And only happens while van is turned off. It’s only ever happened on eve whilst in the van but again while turned off. It makes a noise and Rev counter and speedo needle go back on themselves as far as they can twice then normal again with 0.0 as trip even though I’d just turned it off at 110 miles.
Deonf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits