*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo Rear heater... replacement part?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Tourneo Rear heater... replacement part?

Postby Mr-Busy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 am

The rear heater mechanism has a broken part... a small little wheel, teeth have been stripped.

Is it possible to get a replacement either for this or from something else that will also fit?

Mr-Busy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Tourneo Rear heater... replacement part?

Postby 2tall » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

That POS plastic wheel broke on mine last year.

I replaced it with this:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ersatzzahnrad-fu ... Sw~gRV7BZr

Quite a few shekels for a cog but it was the only option I could find at the time. That same seller also sells both cogs as a set. In hindsight that would've been a wise choice since that other POS plastic cog will break sooner or later :evil:
2tall
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wojciech » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 pm

For first time it is possible reparation without replacement wheel with stripped teeth.
To be enough it is to move this wheel on his axis - about 1,5-2,0 mm - no more. Bigger wheel still will work with worm wheel (little bit shifted), but little sprocket (it is very high wity long teeth) will become operational with second wheel on unused part of teeth.
So - to that end it is enough to saw small wheel 1,5-2,0 mm. On opposite side, under bigger wheel we must put on a little washer the same height.
Now small wheel will become work on healthy part...
I did it like that many times, also in my Mk6 Tourneo, it was (I think) three - four years ago and servo-motor still works.
It is very quick reparation (20-30 min.) without any costs... 8)
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr-Busy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm

2tall wrote:That POS plastic wheel broke on mine last year.

I replaced it with this:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ersatzzahnrad-fu ... Sw~gRV7BZr

For that price i'll give it a miss.

As the heating is most effective from the roof i don't see a reason to change it so found a simple and cheap way of fixing it... hot glue, just applied plenty to keep the metal rod and plastic armature in place and so far it's working fine.

I did find a 3d printing place that could make one only trouble is i've gone and lost the wheel.

For now me and the kids are happy but sooner or later i'll get it fixed properly.
Mr-Busy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Andy_T » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Mine just clicks and always cold at the back, Must be a way of making it always hot surely :-/
Andy_T

Postby Mr-Busy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Andy_T wrote:Mine just clicks and always cold at the back, Must be a way of making it always hot surely :-/

I had a MK2 Pajero that had a cold heater at the back...

Had to remove water pipes to it then unblock them... and when refilling with coolant it was just a case of having the front higher than the back and leave it running to get rid of air bubbles.
Mr-Busy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits