*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Where to buy SCV and PRV

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Where to buy SCV and PRV

Postby Beaker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm

My 2011 Mk7 2.2 FWD with 92k on the clock has started hunting so reading up on the forum, I need to buy replacement SCV and PRV.

Is there a good reliable place to get them from - for example TPUK do Denso ones for about £90 for the pair.

Are these genuine and worth getting or should I get them from my local Ford dealer?

Cheers guys. :)
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Where to buy SCV and PRV

Postby loot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Beaker wrote:My 2011 Mk7 2.2 FWD with 92k on the clock has started hunting so reading up on the forum, I need to buy replacement SCV and PRV.

Is there a good reliable place to get them from - for example TPUK do Denso ones for about £90 for the pair.

Are these genuine and worth getting or should I get them from my local Ford dealer?

Cheers guys. :)

I'd be scared to buy from anywhere other than Ford or denso :cry:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Beaker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm

That's what I was thinking. Cheers Loot. :)
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 pm

I really wish there was an exclusive source of reliable valves cheap available :cry:

Ah well we'll all be driving gentlemen's vans around in a few years and they don't have these problems :P
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby oldtimer47 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

hi, I have just bought a new DENSO Suction Control Valve for my 2010 model 2.4ltr, I priced them that Ford here in Australia and it was $440, the fuel system on the 2.4 is a Denso system, so I found a DENSO supplier in Australia, $200 for the same item, under half the price of Ford, I asked the Denso supplier and he said they are common parts used in several different vehicles, mine came in a Nissan box,
I had fitted a cheapie about 40,000klm ago, prior to that I was loosing power in a big way It usually happened when I changed gear, the SCV and the PRV came from a Transit parts place in UK, $180 delivered to Australia,
the reason I am getting the SCV changed now is I get a rough idle when I stop at traffic lights, fuel rail pressure will sit at about 3000 psi for 10 seconds then it starts to climb, it will go up to 12,000 psi at idle, run rough then the pressure drops back and it will idle smooth until I take off. I am sure my PRV is still OK, as the common rail system can go as high as mid 20,000 psi according to what I found out.
it gets fitted next week some time, I can let you know if it fixes the problem. I have checked and I have no fault codes of any kind.
Oldtimer
Transit Van. 2005. 135 / T430 RWD. 2.4 engine. 6 speed Manual. used as a Motor Home in Australia.
oldtimer47
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby maccmowers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:17 am

You can buy genuine Denso from PF Jones in Manchester (as recommended to me by vantuner).
07 2.4 TDCI RWD MWB SHR
maccmowers
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby karl » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 pm

maccmowers wrote:You can buy genuine Denso from PF Jones in Manchester (as recommended to me by vantuner).

yes pf jones for the scv don't buy the prv
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby tibsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 am

karl wrote:
maccmowers wrote:You can buy genuine Denso from PF Jones in Manchester (as recommended to me by vantuner).

Why not buy the PRV?
mk7,60 plate,2.4-115ps-hirf lwb rwd
The words of the Prophet`s are written on the subway walls
tibsy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 pm

tibsy wrote:
karl wrote:

Why not buy the PRV?

because the are sh*t copies and cause loads of problems

been their and got the t shirt :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Beaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Kinda confirms what I was expecting to hear.

This is what I don't understand about issues like this - a well respected company like PF Jones that sells genuine quality SCV, and junk PRV. I don't get the logic! :shock: :roll:

I understand ebay - it's a crap shoot, and photo on a listing of a genuine part or genuine part box means absolutely nothing.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tibsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 am

Beaker wrote:Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Kinda confirms what I was expecting to hear.

This is what I don't understand about issues like this - a well respected company like PF Jones that sells genuine quality SCV, and junk PRV. I don't get the logic! :shock: :roll:

I understand ebay - it's a crap shoot, and photo on a listing of a genuine part or genuine part box means absolutely nothing.

Yes, it seems strange that a company would risk its reputation/sales selling sub standard items alongside it`s "proper" stuff.
mk7,60 plate,2.4-115ps-hirf lwb rwd
The words of the Prophet`s are written on the subway walls
tibsy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby PF Jones » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

karl wrote:because the are sh*t copies and cause loads of problems

I just spoke to the sales director who runs the diesel department and asked where our PRV are sourced from, his reply

" all parts are genuine and either sourced direct from the manufacturer IE Bosch, Denso etc or third parties which we are under NONE DISCLOSURE CONTRACTS with"

The usages for this year show over 800 sold, with a return rate of around 0.3%.

I then spoke to some of the diesel fitters in our workshop and they explained why a PRV would fail " due to over tightening to the common rail system".

Karl to make public claims that we are purchasing fake, inferior items and then selling these on to the general public is both misleading and damaging to our reputation as a company. This is addressed in UK Law by the libel laws, if this was to get to court we would merely need to produce receipts proving where and when we purchased the PRV values and your claims would be seen for what they are "Untrue".

Can you provide proof to back up your claim? IE Our company purchasing receipts.

The fact that you encountered a problem is not proof that we are as you stated "because the are sh*t copies and cause loads of problems".
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby PF Jones » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm

tibsy wrote:
Beaker wrote:

Yes, it seems strange that a company would risk its reputation/sales selling sub standard items alongside it`s "proper" stuff.

Yeah would seem senseless to spend hundreds of thousands on test bench's and meeting the manufacturers requirements to be an approved test centre ( Bosch was the latest set of hoops we had to jump through) just to then go and ruin it all by purchasing cheap inferior spare parts. Or the fact that we have spent several thousand on being on Trustpilot to collect almost 7000 customer reviews, just to go and cut costs by selling cheap fake parts.
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby karl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm

PF Jones wrote:
karl wrote:because the are sh*t copies and cause loads of problems

I just spoke to the sales director who runs the diesel department and asked where our PRV are sourced from, his reply

" all parts are genuine and either sourced direct from the manufacturer IE Bosch, Denso etc or third parties which we are under NONE DISCLOSURE CONTRACTS with"

The usages for this year show over 800 sold, with a return rate of around 0.3%.

I then spoke to some of the diesel fitters in our workshop and they explained why a PRV would fail " due to over tightening to the common rail system".

Karl to make public claims that we are purchasing fake, inferior items and then selling these on to the general public is both misleading and damaging to our reputation as a company. This is addressed in UK Law by the libel laws, if this was to get to court we would merely need to produce receipts proving where and when we purchased the PRV values and your claims would be seen for what they are "Untrue".

Can you provide proof to back up your claim? IE Our company purchasing receipts.

The fact that you encountered a problem is not proof that we are as you stated "because the are sh*t copies and cause loads of problems".

well all can go on is my experience with the prvs I have bought
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Altransit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

karl wrote: well all can go on is my experience with the prvs I have bought

It does seem strange that you use PF Jones a lot for supplying injectors, and indeed recommend them here to other members, but are now saying that you've had problems with the PRV's that you've bought from them :?
Have you contacted them with your concerns to ask for their input :?: Or have you contacted them, and they haven't answered your query :?: I think this needs to be addressed now for everyone's benefit, especially for the sake of PF Jones's reputation.

It would be good to establish a reliable supply chain for these regularly required components
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits