*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Where to buy SCV and PRV

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Where to buy SCV and PRV

Postby karl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Altransit wrote:
karl wrote: well all can go on is my experience with the prvs I have bought

It does seem strange that you use PF Jones a lot for supplying injectors, and indeed recommend them here to other members, but are now saying that you've had problems with the PRV's that you've bought from them :?
Have you contacted them with your concerns to ask for their input :?: Or have you contacted them, and they haven't answered your query :?: I think this needs to be addressed now for everyone's benefit, especially for the sake of PF Jones's reputation.

It would be good to establish a reliable supply chain for these regularly required components

As I have said, I have had bad experiences with their prv valves. Scv are great I BUY 3 at a time I buy of these :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Altransit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:40 pm

karl wrote:As I have said, I have had bad experiences with their prv valves. Scv are great I BUY 3 at a time I buy of these :D

Yes, you have said, but what have you done about asking them why they aren't working properly. You can't just go around calling out a companies products without proving that what you say is true.

If they are a regular supplier of yours, you need to get this sorted properly.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby karl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Altransit wrote:
karl wrote:As I have said, I have had bad experiences with their prv valves. Scv are great I BUY 3 at a time I buy of these :D

Yes, you have said, but what have you done about asking them why they aren't working properly. You can't just go around calling out a companies products without proving that what you say is true.

If they are a regular supplier of yours, you need to get this sorted properly.

"but what have you done about asking them why they aren't working properly"

yes I have.

and as for this comment below

"You can't just go around calling out a companies products without proving that what you say is true."

well what can a say search the forum for the answer ONLY FORD parts work, part number being 6C1Q-9H321-AB :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Altransit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 pm

karl wrote:"but what have you done about asking them why they aren't working properly"

yes I have.

"You can't just go around calling out a companies products without proving that what you say is true."

well what can a say search the forum for the answer ONLY FORD parts work, part number being 6C1Q-9H321-AB :D

Well if you've done as well by asking them, as you have about answering my question, then good luck if PF Jones decide to sue you :roll:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby karl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Altransit wrote:
karl wrote:"but what have you done about asking them why they aren't working properly"

yes I have.

Well if you've done as well by asking them, as you have about answering my question, then good luck if PF Jones decide to sue you :roll:

sue me for what :?:
altransit
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby PF Jones » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am

Karl if for any reason you have any problems with any parts purchased please make contact and explain any issues. Once again I can assure you and members of the forum, we do not purchase cheap copied parts. It would make no sense to be selling inferior parts, the particular parts you are referring to could not be purchased from a more reputable source.

As stated yesterday, we pay to take part in the Trustpilot customer reviews platform, which gives customers the opportunity to leave a public review of both the customer service and the goods they have purchased, if we was in the business of selling counterfeit/inferior goods would we be giving customers the opportunity to publicly expose such facts?
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Cheese Monkey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Also interested in best place to get them. The stock advice is Ford, fair enough, but there's considerable savings to be had by using PF Jones. What sort of guarantee do they have there?
98 Mk5 SWB MR Sold
03 Connect LWB sold
11 Mk7 350 140 Jumbo HR
Cheese Monkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PF Jones » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Cheese Monkey wrote:Also interested in best place to get them. The stock advice is Ford, fair enough, but there's considerable savings to be had by using PF Jones. What sort of guarantee do they have there?

We offer 12 months on all parts, any problems we are open 8am till 5pm Monday to Friday.
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby PF Jones » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

karl wrote:sue me for wha

For Libel Karl, let me be clear though, we are not looking to sue you Karl, I am addressing your incorrect statement though. However your comment does meet the exact requirements "Libel is an untrue defamatory statement that is made in writing." Karl as with any company, if there is a problem with the goods purchased then make contact and chase up, however to go on a public forum and make statements that can be easily proven to be untrue, leaves yourself open to legal action.

As stated in my first reply on this thread, our purchasing receipts directly prove where our PRVs are sourced from. I would like to be able to confirm our supplier, however I have been specifically instructed that under no circumstances am I allowed to do this.

Karl if you have a problem again with any part please ask for myself (Duncan) and I will personally follow up and come back to you in person and work with you to resolve any issues or problems. Once again let me be clear, we are not looking to sue you for your comments, I would much rather help you deal with any future problems you may have when purchasing items from ourselves. As already stated we only sell genuine parts, failure to do so puts our approved repair status in jeopardy with the big four diesel manufacturers.
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby karl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

PF Jones wrote:
karl wrote:sue me for wha

For Libel Karl, let me be clear though, we are not looking to sue you Karl, I am addressing your incorrect statement though. However your comment does meet the exact requirements "Libel is an untrue defamatory statement that is made in writing." Karl as with any company, if there is a problem with the goods purchased then make contact and chase up, however to go on a public forum and make statements that can be easily proven to be untrue, leaves yourself open to legal action.

As stated in my first reply on this thread, our purchasing receipts directly prove where our PRVs are sourced from. I would like to be able to confirm our supplier, however I have been specifically instructed that under no circumstances am I allowed to do this.

Karl if you have a problem again with any part please ask for myself (Duncan) and I will personally follow up and come back to you in person and work with you to resolve any issues or problems. Once again let me be clear, we are not looking to sue you for your comments, I would much rather help you deal with any future problems you may have when purchasing items from ourselves. As already stated we only sell genuine parts, failure to do so puts our approved repair status in jeopardy with the big four diesel manufacturers.

Hi Duncan

thanks for your reply

but I stand in what I have said and will not change that, maybe I had a bad few and your company has since sorted these issues out

it has been about 2 years since I last bought the pressure relief valve from your company, on the other hand I still buy injectors, pumps, suction control valves etc and I also have injectors tested buy you :D

and don't fault you for ya service on the service or products stated above
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby PF Jones » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Karl

As stated all PRV's are 100% genuine and all parts come with 12 months warranty and guarantee, any problems with any parts please just make contact and we can sort the problem out.
PF Jones
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby bambi mk 1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 am

PF Jones wrote:Hi Karl

As stated all PRV's are 100% genuine and all parts come with 12 months warranty and guarantee, any problems with any parts please just make contact and we can sort the problem out.

Cant do much better than that :) Btw Karl Ford don't manufacture the prv,s they just manufacture the price :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:00 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:

Cant do much better than that :) Btw Karl Ford don't manufacture the prv,s they just manufacture the price :wink:

I know :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby MK7 user » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Good show you guy's....this is looking like an unbeatable deal. :D

What's your procedure for warranty claims....does the customer have to buy another unit & claim a refund on the returned one, or is it a straight swap :?:
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits