*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 Heater Temperature Actuator

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: MK7 Heater Temperature Actuator

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Ferric oxide :? That yellow stuff that's the stuff you shove in dogs nails when you cut a but much off and they bleed like fookre powder though
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby oldarry » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:About time too
Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
oldarry
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby oldarry » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 am

jumbo 57 wrote:
oldarry wrote: and in the words of a Canadian Yoo toober that's the allcock for dolly

Good ol AVE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1oF_TTmZE

Keep your Dick in a vice!
Yeh, You got it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
oldarry
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby rimotu66 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 am

v8dave wrote:Could be the actuator failed. Aircon ones are different to non-aircon, I managed to get one from a spanish breakers via ebay.

Heater actuator is under a cover on the left side of the heater unit.

Remove the glove box.
Remove the central panel below the heater controls and gearlever.

The temperature actuator is item 4

You may need to remove a duct to get to all the screws.

Do you have the link to this drawing with index? Mine dosnt distribute it correctly, blows fine on the passenger side but not so good on the drivers side.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby TJTransit » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Can anybody tell me if this little wire bit has snapped? It’s the connector between actuator and flap. If anyone has some sort of documentation to help this process it would be much appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TJTransit

Postby v8dave » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm

I don't think the wire has broken.

This should help you viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194615
mk7 08reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD
mk6 X reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD - scrapped
mk4 J reg 2.5 L300 LWB MHR RWD - sold on

Notice a trend there ? not too big and not too small
v8dave
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby omganyleft » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 am

GoodDay all . first post in years. Heater factor 2008 transit tray. It has not worked ever since purchase in 2015. Travel northern australia mainly day so no need. Have read posts and checked the solenoid valve in engine bay next to coolant pipes on firewall. It does pull in when engine running . Is next possibility to remove the shroud around heater unit under head shift ? I'm like a fish out of water just now and it's bitter cold down south in victoria australia. Tx ahead of time ). I am asking so as not to damage something in process . In lockdown out bush but still here to get to town for things.
omganyleft
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby wojciech » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:54 am

omganyleft wrote: Have read posts and checked the solenoid valve in engine bay next to coolant pipes on firewall. It does pull in when engine running .

This means that the water valve is functional and that the solenoid valve that controls it is functional as well. When the engine is not running, the valve is open, when the vacu pump starts, the valve closes.
Your next step is to check if the actuator controlling the flaps in the heater is working. Read the threads and attachments about it - there's a lot of it on the Forum. There is no point in saying the same thing over and over again.

However, if you want to get something quickly (because:" I'm like a fish out of water just now and it's bitter cold down south in victoria australia. " :? :
- disconnect the vacuum hose from the water valve actuator - this will keep the valve open to the heater; the hose must be closed after disconnection - it cannot suck air.
- thanks to this, the heater will now receive hot water all the time; the amount of heat will depend on how the flaps are set in the heater (since the actuator is broken); however it's always better than nothing - complete cold ...

You will be able to think about the correct repair later ...
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby omganyleft » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm

GoodDay Wojciech. First off, thankYou for detailed reply to My post! Story now is I discon. The suction hose ( engine on and it was sucking ) blocked the hose. Heater controls set. No change inside cab . Both coolant pipes going to valve in n engine bay were hot . Pardon My lack of familiarity with forum W. Where would I find ' threads ' You mention. I put the Worchester for this mark 7 area and it literally comes up only with Your info from a previous poster. There must be something I am missing however it seems as if things inside the cab might be the issue. Pretty chilly and zero warmth from any outlet . K wi pull off the panel beneath gear shift and try to compare with the previous problems mentioned with an actuator ? Anyway. Just thought to thankYou and update. It could be summer by the time I sort it )) . Regards Stephen
omganyleft
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby omganyleft » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Btw W . I just clicked on a ' something ' and found lots of stories. Your name connected to some and seems like I might be in right track. I will sing out how it all goes . Regards Stephen
omganyleft
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby wojciech » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:39 pm

The biggest problem for me is technical English - each text requires a lot of work, and I don't know if I am writing it clearly. Also, the original texts on the Forum are not always understandable to me, the colloquial language is used, not the school one. I've never been to GB.

To the point: in your first post you wrote: "Have read posts and checked the solenoid valve in engine bay next to coolant pipes on firewall. It does pull in when engine running . " This means that the valve is operational. This valve works so that when it is closed, hot fluid returns to the engine — only the two hoses to the valve are hot. But when it is open, all four hoses are hot, two very, two return less. So: if you disconnect the vacum hose from the valve actuator, the valve will be open and the heater will be hot while the engine is running.
Therefore, unfortunately I do not understand what you are writing: "Story now is I discon. The suction hose ( engine on and it was sucking ) blocked the hose. Heater controls set. No change inside cab . Both coolant pipes going to valve in n engine bay were hot ."

Next: this water valve is controlled by a vacu solenoid valve. It is activated by a switch in the heater by means of a rotating flap shaft. And this shaft is moved by an electric actuator, which is positioned by a knob on the control panel. Positioning is performed using an electric bridge with potentiometers. This electric motor is the most common cause of the lack of heating.
There are mainly three reasons for its failure:
- failure of the motor (brushes)
- wear of the intermediate gear cog (quick repair is possible without changing the gear)
- potentiometer damage (no contact - sometimes new grease helps and moving the slider to a new location)
You have a lot of threads on the forum about how to repair an electric motor. I described in the past that you can buy a used electric motor from the old Mondeo Mk2, there are almost the same and critical parts are spare. To end this long fairy tale: if you manage to disconnect the water valve from the vacu hose, the heater will definitely be hot. The question is, in what position did the electric flap actuator stop. If it is completely cold, the heating will be weak. In this case, you can also manually set the flaps to heating without repairing the electric actuator, but you have to remove its cover and set the flaps properlyr.
But that's a completely different story ...
Removing the actuator and reassembling it is extremely unpleasant and requires nerves of steel.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125180&p=1334470&hilit=heater+actuator&c=1#p1334470
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=201040&p=1696871&hilit=heater+actuator&c=1#p1696871
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=201040&hilit=heater+actuator&c=1
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=165848&p=1409124&hilit=heater+actuator&c=1#p1409124
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:31 am

wojciech wrote:The biggest problem for me is technical English - each text requires a lot of work, and I don't know if I am writing it clearly. Also, the original texts on the Forum are not always understandable to me, the colloquial language is used, not the school one. I've never been to GB.

I can certainly tell you one thing.....your English is 2000% better than my mediocre attempts at Polish..! :roll: :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wojciech » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:46 am

knobby1 wrote:I can certainly tell you one thing.....your English is 2000% better than my mediocre attempts at Polish..! :roll: :mrgreen: Lord Knobrot

Hmm...I don't know if this is comforting... :lol: :lol: :lol:
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby omganyleft » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:14 pm

Wojciech, extremely grateful for the effort and determination to explain. After re- reading My explanation I realised how disjointed it was. Seriously, I had difficulty comprehending My own story ! Completely agree with Knobby1 - Your english comprehension is well good. Teaching Us a lesson )) Long story short is I will sing out ( sorry Mate , I'm english born but live in australia )) I mean I will reply and let You know the outcome. ThankYou for the links. I have no idea how to find them Myself yet and appreciate Your assistance. Good Man. ( I assume ?)) I mean good on ya Mate )) . All the best and do Yourself and Families a small favour ....BUY SOME ( at least some ) SILVER. Way off topic but I have followed for six years. It is insurance first and then investment. Things are changing and this World will be as uninviting and cold as My bluddy heater assembly !! All the best . I won't pester anyone but if need direction sing out and can pm Me . Regards Stephen

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
omganyleft
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits