*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford transit 2.2 62 plate power problem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Ford transit 2.2 62 plate power problem

Postby Mcallanm17 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi guys

The transit in question is a 2012 2.2 125bhp with a DPF fitted with a 170k miles on the clock
I bought it with a suspected DPF problem and when it is plugged in on the computer it says there is 2x DPF error codes which I will list when a can find where I wrote them down ...
also there is a engine mange moment light on and when you try and rev it it only revs to 2k, smokes a lot then the powertain light comes on then the traction control light. Let it sit and the lights go off.

So ... I took the DPF off and it looks clean, also took the vaporiser off and it also looks clean.
What I did do then is blow out the two pipes on the side of the DPF and one was slightly blocked
Put it all back together and the engine management light has since when off
But engine Is still the same only revs to 2k and sometime 3k then heated up

Going to do a leek off test next and try a forced regen but if anyone has had this problem before or any idea it would be much appreciate

Build a camper van they said ! It will be fun they said ...
Mcallanm17

Re: Ford transit 2.2 62 plate power problem

Postby martynx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:28 pm

I have had that problem before a few times. It may need the DPF resetting. Test the vaporiser 1st though, otherwise it wont regen & will eventually block & limp mode again, which is probably what's limiting the power currently. You can see if the vaporiser jet is ok by attaching a pipe instead of the fuel pipe & blowing down it, or better still apply vacuum via a Mityvac tool.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits