*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 injector still leaking out of seal at top?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

mk7 injector still leaking out of seal at top?

Postby glenandemm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 am

hi guys i decided to do my injector seals and i recut the seats and fitted new copper washers along with the cam cover seal and little green o ring, then i found a few days later the one nearest the gearbox end was weeping again so i removed it replaced the seals again along with clamp and bolt and its still leaking, im at a loss what to do?
any ideas?
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: mk7 injector still leaking out of seal at top?

Postby glenandemm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Well removed the air box cleaned the area off and ran the engine and massive bubbles coming out he injector seal.
Stripped it all down recut the seat again and flipped the copper washer, built back up ran it up and washed the area down and no bubbles coming out for now but see if it starts leaking again in a few days but I knew I could smell strong fumes coming into the van :shock:
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:49 pm

when you say leaking

do you mean the green o ring or compression gasses from the rocker injector seal ?
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby glenandemm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 pm

No sorry I mean it was blowing bubbles in the water sitting around the injector at cam cover seal!
I’ve got a video of it but can’t upload it?
It’s fine at moment after cleaning seat up again but I’m certain a few weeks it will be back leaking up the injector
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:03 pm

if it blowing from the injector seals after replacing them, then you have piston ring problems

thats the only way the crank pressure can escape from the crank case

does the engine breath heavily :?:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Altransit » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 pm

glenandemm wrote:No sorry I mean it was blowing bubbles in the water sitting around the injector at cam cover seal!
It’s fine at moment after cleaning seat up again but I’m certain a few weeks it will be back leaking up the injector

It may be that after cleaning the seat, you need a slightly thicker copper sealing washer :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Altransit wrote:
glenandemm wrote:No sorry I mean it was blowing bubbles in the water sitting around the injector at cam cover seal!

It may be that after cleaning the seat, you need a slightly thicker copper sealing washer :idea:

if you use thicker copper washers them the end of the injector car'nt spray its fuel pattern correctly

I/we sampled this method on a land rover tdv6 and thicker washers didn't put then injector nozzle flush to the head were it should be :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby glenandemm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:01 pm

the engine runs like a dream and doesnt use any oil,doesnt seem to breathe too heavy either.
i only had a weep from the injector to start but decided to do the lot and i remember that one bore there was a fair bit of carbon in it and took a bit to cut the seat in that bore, when i did it again the other day there was a fair few bits of metal filings which i fished out with a magnet before i put the copper ring back in.
i took it for a 20 mile spin yesterday and since poored water on top of the seal again and still no bubbles so hopefully see how it goes.
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby tompe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Mines doing this bubbling thing is there a fix anyone
tompe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm

tompe wrote:Mines doing this bubbling thing is there a fix anyone

I'm assuming you have a Mk7 FWD..??

If they're bubbling...you'll probably need the injector copper sealing washers replaced and their seats cut/cleaned, new rocker cover seals too. There's new "updated" clamps...and new clamp bolts required too, they're single use.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby glenandemm » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:52 pm

still leaking guys, gonna have to try these updated clamps and bolts then with a full set of new seals and i'll recut the seats again!
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby martynx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:41 pm

My Man Robbie just put some pattern rocker to injector seals in & they all leak bad, he has no real excess crankcase pressure either - has an oil catch tank that's working :( could there be some dodgy pattern ones about ?

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Altransit » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm

martynx wrote:My Man Robbie just put some pattern rocker to injector seals in & they all leak bad, he has no real excess crankcase pressure either - has an oil catch tank that's working :( could there be some dodgy pattern ones about ?

It does make you wonder, one of the ones I replaced last year is now leaking, but oddly, not the one that was leaking the first time :? :P
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby martynx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Altransit wrote:
martynx wrote:My Man Robbie just put some pattern rocker to injector seals in & they all leak bad, he has no real excess crankcase pressure either - has an oil catch tank that's working :( could there be some dodgy pattern ones about ?

It does make you wonder, one of the ones I replaced last year is now leaking, but oddly, not the one that was leaking the first time :? :P

Yes - need to see if some are better than others pattern wise as most wont ( quite rightly ) stretch to 30 a piece for original's 8)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:11 pm

if used pattern seals before without any problem

as we all know a seal, not sat as it should will leak

to locate the seals propley i use grease to push them in :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits