*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 immobiliser after engine rebuild

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 immobiliser after engine rebuild

Postby rckape » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 am

Hi all,
I posed recently trying to diagnose my Mk7 not starting. After a bit of help from a local tame mechanic, I discovered that the flywheel has gone and snapped the crank.

I’ve replaced the crank, and rebuilt the engine. But now the immobiliser has locked me out. It’s throwing up a code 16 and the display is only showing dashes when I turn the key. When I was reconnecting the battery negative I touched the connection twice by accident.

I’ve had a mate out who’s an auto locksmith and has a limited knowledge of such things. He says there’s no communication between the BCM and PCM. He’s coming back next week with an auto spark to have a proper look.

Is there anything I can try over the next few days?
If I buy a second hand PCM/BCM will they need coding with IDS?
I have got an old F-Super lead with the software will that be any use?
Are the dodgy IDS packages on eBay any good?

Cheers
rckape
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 immobiliser after engine rebuild

Postby karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 pm

have you tried all fuses ?

do you have power at the obd port :roll:

not being funny , but did you disconnect the batteries before engine removal

I and many other here, have changed engines with out this problem you having

I’ve had a mate out who’s an auto locksmith and has a limited knowledge of such things

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you say what you have said he should have no problem of sort this issue out :roll:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby midnight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

With the ignition on check for battery voltage at fuses 22, 25, 26 and 16. If you have battery voltage at these fuses then turn the ignition off. Check these fuses have not blown. If they are all ok then check relay 8 is working. If you are unsure how to test the relay then try swapping it with relay 7 (vaporiser glow plugs), but make sure that the relays are the same before you swap them. You will find these fuses and the relay's in the fuse box which is located under the bonnet. If you are happy with them then check the rest of the fuses in that fuse box.

Let us know if you find any blown fuses or if the relay is at fault.
Ford Transit mk7 2007 145 T300 mwb shr rwd petrol/lpg
midnight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Disconnect batteries for an hour then try again
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby rckape » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies and sorry for the delay in getting back - I didn't get any notifications that you'd replied so I didn't realise you had.

Karl:
I've checked every fuse in all three boxes with a multi-meter and the only one that I found blown was the fag lighter socket.
There is power at the OBD port, my code reader powers up and attempts to connect but cant get through. I definitely disconnected the battery before taking anything apart - It's not my first engine rebuild. I don't know why I bother though, these kind of things always seem to crop up when I do.

Midnight:
I'll get out and check for voltage at those fuses and relay later on today. I'll put my results on later.

Ake:
I've already tried disconnecting the battery several times. First for only 1/2 hour and then over an hour for a couple of times. I've also tried leaving the key in the ignition in the second position for a hour as I'd read elsewhere on here that something in the key needs time to charge up?
rckape
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jamber2166 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Check one of the main sensors for a 5v reference. If you don't see 5v then the Ecu is dead and not communicating. You'll need to obtain an Ecu pin out diagram and check the main powers and earth's going to the ecu, and the 5v ref at the Ecu itself.
Jamber2166
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits