*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuel leak

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Fuel leak

Postby NSG666 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi all

I've got a 2012 Mk7 2.2 125hp Transit with a slight fuel leak. I've managed to find the source of the leak which is from a connection to the high pressure pump but I can't find any info on how to repair it. The connector is on top of the pump and vertical, it looks like it's quick release and has a round black body that's a couple of inches long with a 'dust-cap' on top. A fuel line comes off this at 90 degrees and runs back to or from the fuel filter housing.

Can I get a replacement o-ring or does it need a new pipe and connectors? If so what do I ask for from a Ford parts dept.

Many thanks

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NSG666

Re: Fuel leak

Postby martynx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Looks like a schrader style valve for bleeding air from the system. A ford parts catalogue should ID it okay,

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby NorthernDan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Recently had the same issue if I can upload the pictures this is how it was done for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthernDan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby NorthernDan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Picture 2
NorthernDan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby NorthernDan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Picture 2
NorthernDan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby NorthernDan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 pm

My van is a swb 2012. 100
NorthernDan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kirkm5238 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi got the same problem ford r saying you have to buy the whole pipe which is best part of 100 can you just change the o ring thanks
kirkm5238
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby NSG666 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 am

Just an update to the post as it seems that this is not a unique problem.

I'd hoped it was just an o-ring that needed swapping but I guess there is no profit in o-rings

On mine it was part number 1866621 that I bought online via ebay from Rates Ford for £75.49 - they confirmed that it was the right part for my van first as it looks nothing like it on the parts catalogue. Dead easy to swap once you have taken the fuel filter cover off and pulled the air intake pipe out of the way. I don't think it even needed bleeding but all I did after fitting the new pipe was turn the ignition on to get the feed pump running and press the Schrader valve for a second. It started and ran straight away.
Given the nature of the problem I'm surprised it's not part of a recall but there you go.

Thanks NorthernDan. I wouldn't personally have tried that repair as it would have taken me more time and effort to source the parts than it did to order online and get the parts delivered but I'm sure it will help others.
NSG666

Postby ZAPRINSKI » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 pm

NSG666 wrote:Hi all

I've got a 2012 Mk7 2.2 125hp Transit with a slight fuel leak. I've managed to find the source of the leak which is from a connection to the high pressure pump but I can't find any info on how to repair it. The connector is on top of the pump and vertical, it looks like it's quick release and has a round black body that's a couple of inches long with a 'dust-cap' on top. A fuel line comes off this at 90 degrees and runs back to or from the fuel filter housing.

Can I get a replacement o-ring or does it need a new pipe and connectors? If so what do I ask for from a Ford parts dept.

Many thanks

Nick

[img][img][/img][/img]
I got the same problem, You think is ok just change the pipe
ZAPRINSKI

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:47 am

ZAPRINSKI wrote:

Many thanks

Nick

[img][img][/img][/img]

He hasn't been back on here since March of 2020.

I don't belive Ford sell the O-ring separately.

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... gzNjcrMTMz

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ZAPRINSKI » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:33 pm

ZAPRINSKI wrote:

I got the same problem, how do you know, pipe is leak or pump.

Many thanks

Nick

[img][img][/img][/img]
ZAPRINSKI

Postby Embram » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Did you get sorted. I have the same leak. Does it have a O ring or does the pipe need replacing. Thanks
Embram

Postby knobby1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Embram wrote:Did you get sorted. I have the same leak. Does it have a O ring or does the pipe need replacing. Thanks

They do have an O-ring but Ford doesn't sell it separately.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby patcun79 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:30 pm

I have the same problem.. mine is a 2.2 tdci fwd 2012.. the pipe connector is sliding easily up and down, my mechanic says he can feel metal filings around the male part of the pump so believe it has worn away and a new pipe will not fix the problem, he says i need a replacement pump.. the van starts and drives perfectly, surely there's a fix for this.. ive it tied in place for now.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
patcun79

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits