*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Bleeding mk7 transit Rwd clutch

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Bleeding mk7 transit Rwd clutch

Postby TIPTOP123 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Done an engine change so had to pull the pipe out of the box went to bleed the clutch up and it seems great then starts to loss pressure after a while and your left with half pedal thers no signs of leaks the clutch was always perfect before hand

Am i missing something?
TIPTOP123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Bleeding mk7 transit Rwd clutch

Postby dumper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Have you tried reverse bleeding it if you have not got a reverse bleeding tool someone on hear has used the foot brake to do it by getting a length of rubber pipe connecting it from the nearest front brake bleed nipple to the clutch slave cylinder opening the nipples and pumping the brake pedal to reverse bleed it
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:35 am

dumper wrote:Have you tried reverse bleeding it if you have not got a reverse bleeding tool someone on hear has used the foot brake to do it by getting a length of rubber pipe connecting it from the nearest front brake bleed nipple to the clutch slave cylinder opening the nipples and pumping the brake pedal to reverse bleed it

Aye....that be the way...Used that method twice to change my clutch M/cyl & slave cyl fluid. Just remember not to pump the pedal too hard/quickly, it tends to pop the hose off between the nipples....don't ask me how I know.. :oops: :wink:

Did I just say "nipples"..?? :? :wink:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby billyridd » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:19 pm

hi I was wondering if anyone could help me ive got a 2007 mk7 transit t350 6 speed rwd minibus.
ive seen a few posts with similar problems on here about bleeding and so on but my problem is my mate has changed my clutch with a conversion kit the slave cylinder has been changed twice and the clutch master cylinder twice as both times he thought they were broke as the pedal kept loosing pressure hes tried pressure bleedind and you get a clutch pedal but after driving a few miles the clutch pedal starts stopping at the floor and you have to pull it up with your foot but if I get out and pump the clutch pedal with my hand I start to get a clutch again and can drive for a few miles before I have to do the same again I seems as though theres air in the system or its leaking but theres no sign of a leak anywhere and the reservoir is staying full could some pleas help cheers
billyridd

Postby v8dave » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:03 pm

billyridd wrote:hi I was wondering if anyone could help me ive got a 2007 mk7 transit t350 6 speed rwd minibus.
ive seen a few posts with similar problems on here about bleeding and so on but my problem is my mate has changed my clutch with a conversion kit the slave cylinder has been changed twice and the clutch master cylinder twice as both times he thought they were broke as the pedal kept loosing pressure hes tried pressure bleedind and you get a clutch pedal but after driving a few miles the clutch pedal starts stopping at the floor and you have to pull it up with your foot but if I get out and pump the clutch pedal with my hand I start to get a clutch again and can drive for a few miles before I have to do the same again I seems as though theres air in the system or its leaking but theres no sign of a leak anywhere and the reservoir is staying full could some pleas help cheers

Was you mate tried reverse bleeding it ?

The pedal sticking down does happen when there is air in the system.

And are you sure the correct clutch has been fitted, if the slave over extends you'll get air in the system.
mk7 08reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD
mk6 X reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD - scrapped
mk4 J reg 2.5 L300 LWB MHR RWD - sold on

Notice a trend there ? not too big and not too small
v8dave
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:59 pm

What v8dave said....There's a couple of different clutches...are you sure the clutch kit fitted is the correct one..?? 5 or 6 speed..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby billyridd » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:40 am

No he has hasn’t tried to revese bleeding it he’s going to try today l let you no what happens my van is 6 speed and when I bought the clutch I gave them the Reg so they could check to make sure it was the right 1
billyridd

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits