*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear caliper rebuild

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Rear caliper rebuild

Postby jschuld » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

Hi All,

Both dust seals on the rear brake calipers are ripped, which i noticed when I wanted to replace the pads. Looks like it's been like that for a while so hopefully the piston is not too corroded.

Now I've done front calipers before and is a fairly straight forward job, but with the hand brake rotating thingie in there, I was wondering if I should be aware of some gotchas. Iv'e searched youtube and the usual suspects but nothing specific.

I've got a rebuild kit for both sides and it has way more seals and o-rings in there than I'm used to.

Cheers
J
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Mk7 2.4 TDCi LWB High Roof, to be campervan
jschuld
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Rear caliper rebuild

Postby martynx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 pm

I usually cheat & get a 2nd hand caliper, but i wish you luck, if you find anything interesting post back 8)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Rear caliper rebuild

Postby Punto443 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Do a wee how to on it,

One of mine has a sticky hand brake lever and I could probably do with overhauling it myself :D
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits